Chicken for Jet Fighters

enigma

I read that Thailand is now considering bids for jet fighters from Russia, Sweden and America.

Apparently Russia has accepted a barter offer from Thailand for 250,000 tons of chicken in exchange for their jets.

After initially balking at such a barter proposal, Lockheed Martin has apparently also agreed to accept chicken as payment.

No word from Sweden yet, from what I've read.

Press reports indicate that Mr. T has told chicken farmers to kick in the afterburners. ::

As far as I understand was the chicken deal canceled for cash payment, because in this kind of barter trade 10% kickback for involved military/politicians/oligarchs would be difficult to handle if they stick to chicken. It's a typical example for the current political situation where corruption seems to be rampant.

Update...

Not to be undercut by the competition, Sweden's ambassador to Thailand, Jonas Hafstrom, yesterday stated that his country "will accept 100-percent barter and we are willing to take whatever Thailand offers."

Sources report that several hundred katoey were observed boarding charter flights to Stockholm earlier today. ;)

Archived