Ideal place to live in the West, when not in BKK?

mattwasp

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Darwin. Despite the heat, crocs, mozzies and inflated prices, its only a few short hours flight from Jakarta, Bali and other mongering destinations.

LOL ! Fred, the last time I suggested moving to Darwin, I believe that you were the first to throw water on the idea ! I've even considered Cairns a possiblity, but have to concede that the heat in that part of the world is a force to be reckoned with, even compared to the CQ hellhole I currently call home ::

I think the 'two permanent homes and a lotto win' fantasy is about the only way around the problem, and Hobart is starting to look mighty good at this time of the year.

Wow chilly Copenhagen on the list, so as a native my choice should be easy right given the language problems of my otherwise desireable cities - say tokyo, madrid, sao paulo, darwin etc.!!

Anyways Singapore would probably be my choice, but basically I don't see any real need for a 50/50 split as I don't see me wanna leave LOS any time soon, but maybe thats how most of us wanna be residents feel?

I have a friend who spends about 6 months in Thailand and 6 months in Aspen, Colorado. He doesn't work and isn't in need of money but if you had to work I know average restaurant jobs that, according to him, pay around 1 to 2 thousand a week! If you could make around 40,000 in 6 months I'm sure you could do a 50/50 split in both places! Mind you, your not living the well but your doing what you like!

Jep dii

Archived