Hobbies In BKK??

whosyourdaddy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whosyourdaddy said:

Have a workmate ( late 40s) who is going insane with fatherhood and married life. I suggested he get a hobby.

What do you guys do for hobbies that you can easily get out and meet new like-minded guys.

Was thinking along the lines of a chess club, book club, martial arts etc. He said non-sport activity would be the best.

Ideas?

How about reading the nanaplaza forum, joining the forum, and posting answers on it all day and all night? should keep your friend busy until he dies of boredom.

KS,

I play chess with a friend in BKK whenever we can meet up. Read quite a bit. Bicycle. Tour the countryside on short jaunts and see the ruins and sites/sights. One can join a gym that has a pool and swim. I play bass guitar and have two guitars in my Surin home and a nice little new amplifier. Someone said learn an instrument. That would be a good hobby and way to learn something useful for your own pleasure. Take up a Thai traditional instrument maybe? Could be interesting and fun as well. Do some social work? Volunteer to teach English a couple days a week for poor students who can't afford to pay for the extra after school lessons would be a nice thing to do. Maybe free classes for BG's on money management? :: Take up water color or oil painting/classes? Join a photography club/classes? Thai cooking classes?

By the way Mr. Old Hippy. Punting is not a hobby. It's a serious business. ::

Cent

Archived