Tailor with Victor in name like that near Nana?

steffi

LOL, I was thinking the same.

But I read an article a long time ago (in a reliable source) that none other than Colin Powell had his suits made by some BKK tailor. Can't remember if it was this tailor, but supposedly diplomats from all over the world swore by the quality of the guy's work. Swore BY, not AT. ;)

You can deffo go where you want, but 90% of the long time expats (myself included) use these guys. Why? Great service, decent prices and good quality. I wear his suits daily and I am not easy on clothes, but they last & last. Look at the sticking on the lapels, lining and where the sleeves attach to the jacket. Lapels are hand stitched, the lining lays flat and sleeves do not pucker where they join the jacket body. The later is the quickest/easiest way to sniff out a quality job, the others are good indicators too.

I do not see anything wrong with his materials. There is a range of stuff from lower mid-range to kinda high end. And he'll order anything you want (gots me a nice 50s-style shark's-skin suit from Jesse).

I do not get any money from this...just appreciate their work (Victor or Jesse's measuring and Mr. Chan's stitching).

Cheers,

SD

PS -- Ya, you'll find a couple of my biz cards in that changing room from over the years from a couple of different employers! Prolly true for at least half the expat businessmen on this board LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

They started out in the sixties doing uniforms near one of the US Air Force bases. I kow one person who has been going to them for over thirty years.

The other brothers are around the corner at the Rajawongse Tailor directly to the right of the Nana Plaza entrance as you go in.

I go to both but mostly Jesse and Victor the last ten years.

You can see pictures of him with President Bush. They have a complete lock on the diplomatic corps for sure.

More than any other tailor I have ever used they are going for customers for decades rather than a one off sale. You can find cheaper but I doubt better.

Bobby who owns Nana Tailors (right next to NEP) is a top man as well. I have never bought anything there cuz I was happy with Jesse, but have friends who have and are more than satisified. I only know Bobby socially. Yup he is Jesse's brother.

For those without a program, Victor is Jesse's (who owns Rajawongse Tailors) son.

Cheers,

SD

Archived