Thai-Chinese Girlfriend

HSTEACH

While my wife is NOT Chinese-Thai (and extremely proud of it), she has several university degrees and is much like the Chinese-Thais in many ways. Something she told me about her uni days (when I met her) really burned me up. It seems all the new female students were given a lecture about how they should HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FARANG LECTURERS!!! We would decieve them, shag them, then dump them and break their hearts. Some of the female Thai advisors at the university were behind this BS. Well, I had one colleague I wouldn't put past doing such a thing (he was bi and went after both genders of students), but the opposite was actually true of us. It was the Thai men who were deceiving the girls. The married students would put in the class book that they were single, simply to go after the girls. One of my wife's closest friends had a senior student after her. They went steady for several months, then he finally got her to spread her legs for him. After he'd got what he wanted, he ignored the girl. She was crushed and wanted to know what was wrong, since he'd talked of marriage before. The guy just shrugged and said nothing was wrong, and kept on ignoring her. Finally, she found out the creep had a wife and kid at home and had been lying to her all along.

I heard the same thing happening to other students there too.

The point is many Thais have been taught to believe that Farangs are lecherous louts who will shag their daughters and abandon them. The negatives you may encounter are largely because of that. But there are numerous exceptions. Two of my Farang colleagues have married girls from wealthy Chinese-Thai families, but in one case the wife's sister made it easier. The older girl had married a Swede, who turned out to be everything the family could have asked for in a son-in-law. Thus they were much more willing to accept a second Farang in the family. I saw this years ago in my Peace Corps days. A family had three daughters, all of them teachers or studying to be teachers. The oldest girl married a PC vol. When the younger sisters saw the way he treated his wife -- staying home with her, not carousing or whoring -- they both decided to get themselves a Farang. The youngest sister married an American. The middle girl snared herself a Brit.

Go to agree with flashermac's comments, and I think these are the sort of situations which, as they permeate through society, will have the biggest impact on the whole Thai/Farang scene. My wife comes from the typical poor northern Thai village, not Issan, and was really the first girl in the village to aquire a serious farang boyfriend, me. I did and said all the right things and I still love going to the village and hanging out for a few days, very easy to switch off from everything up there.

Obviously this has had an impact on the whole scene though, now a bunch of girls from the same village are in Bangkok on the boyfriend/husband hunt. They have all seen the way I treat my wife, took one look at the local talent available to them and, no contest, BKK here we come. So far I have not had any nasty repercussions from the guys up there, they are mostly too brain dead to notice what's going on anyway.

I think nice regular girls from typically conservative families as mentioned in this thread are also starting to catch on. Much is happening to open the world up to them and I perceive a sort of rebellion going on allbeit at a low level. Many comment on the end of the bar scene as being imminent for a number of reasons and I wonder if the increasing acceptance of farangs, with regular Thai G/F's might be a big factor here in years to come. Just get on ICQ and search out the number of Thai women, of all age groups, most are looking to connect with foreigners and I doubt there is an Issan farm girl amongst them.

Just my 2p worth.

M.

Absolutely true, cq20. Whenever my Thai wife hears about one of my male friends, the first thing she wants to know is whether he's single. She knows hordes of Thai women (non bargirls, all ages and income brackets) who'd love a farang boyfriend/husband.

quote:

Originally posted by HSTEACH:

Hell, I think I've just been out with to many bargirls to take it slow and easy although I know that's the way is going to be.

Teach,

This would be my biggest problem with a non BG. Sorry to be so disgustingly practical but I/you need some pussy and other sophisticated sexual delights. What are your prospects?

Zane

Yes, Dundee also goes with flashermac and CQ20. My wife (not thai-chinese) was one of the first who married with a farang and since then, there a large numbers of Thai Girls from the same village who married a farang. Yes some relations did screwed up but you will see this anywhere.

Still today, if my wife return to her hometown, there will be defiantly somebody come see her asking if she can introduce some farang to her. In fact, her youngest sister who is working as accountant auditor by an large bank did say once “if I can not marry a farang, I prefer to keep stay single). crazy.gif" border="0

Archived