AngelWitch: Pattaya

dddave

I paid a visit this past weekend (Jan.14) to the recently opened AngelWitch on Soi 15 off Walking St, Pattaya. The location is about 50 yards past BEACH CLUB on the same side, not a particularly great location; they will nead a lot of signboard girls out on the end of the Soi if they expect casual tourists to find it.

The club is big, like an enclosed, circular amphitheater with three tiers of bench seating surrounding a large, circular central stage. There is a circular mezzenine about 15 feet above the ground floor with tables. There is also a steel catwalk above the stage at mezzenine level with "firemans poles" that descend to the stage below

The lighting and sound system were first rate, like you would see in a top class venue; clearly a lot of professional imput and big Bahts went into this place.

There were quite a few familier faces (as well as other anatomical parts) present, including the fat, obnoxious, drink cadging Mamasan, several of the older servers and the Ladyboy S.O. of the owner, who choreographs the shows and supervises the dancers with an iron fist. Several of the show girls were Bangkok imports as was the headliner, who's name I can't remember; the one who slams her split down on the stage like a pile driver.

The owners reportadly shook-up the local Go-Go scene, offering wages way over local scale for top performers, a lot of other owners were pretty pissed off, I'm told.

The line-up on stage was decent, but nothing outstanding; of course, this time of year it is pretty hard to tell what a club really has as so many girls are barfined out before the night gets going. One of the service girls who I knew from Coyote's said the best girls were being paid extra not to take "off's" during prime time.

The costumes were 100% Nana Plaza and not a whole lot was showing, some tits during the shows but not a lot from the regular dancers. Actually, I noticed there was less showing, certainly less total nudity overall in Pattaya this past weekend as opposed to the New Years weekend when it seemed wide open.

Walking Street bars are being allowed to stay open 'till 3am until the end of "high season" if they behave themselves.

Drinks were B120 for Bottled beer and mixed drinks. No draft was available. I didn't catch happy hour, so I don't know it's prices.

There were a lot of cute service girls who would return a smile and sit and accept a drink if offered, I wasn't hasselled for LD's by the dancers but that may have been because I was frequently chatting with people on the staff who I knew.

I'll certainly give the place high marks for design, lighting, sound and ventilation. The shows were vintage AngelWitch, no surprises, just better lighting and sound. The girls were good but no new stunners I could see.

Even though it was a Saturday night in high season, it wasn't crowded, although every other top bar on Walking Street was packed. They clearly have their work cut out getting the word out and convincing people to walk down a narrow and congested Soi to get to a place they can't even see from Walking Street. This place will need a lot of traffic to support it and the competition is intense and won't go away. At Nana Plaza, AngelWitch is really the only place with a professional level show but in Pattaya, they're just one amongst many.

I wish AngelWitch, Pattaya "Good luck"; they're going to need it.

I will surely stick with the well revealing Coyotee shows for a while Maybe Angelwitch will be useful when my parents visit and we need a sexy but not so sexy venue

Hi,

I passed AW Pattaya also last weekend (but didn't get in) but the location and neighboring Beach Club are not in their advantage. Beach Club has 50 Baht draft Heinis allnight and girls are showing pussy and tits while dancing on the tables.

I think it's going to be hard for them to survive there, they can't charge bkk prices in pattaya, what abt BF's and ST/LT rates in AW Pattaya ?

Cheers

Tilac

I was there on opening night and you could see all the gogo owners and managers there scoping out the competition.I think they have nothing to fear.The sound system was awesome,the shows were ok,the drinks were expensive and the girls(not the showgirls) were well below average.Personally,once you have seen the show,well that is it,it is too far out of the way to make a return visit,although i may take a barfine to go and have alook...can't see it lasting.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent a considerable amount of time in there the last couple of weeks and they are getting better as the days pass.

Location is a bit of a problem but people are definetly begining to find the place. Every show was more crowded than the night before. As far as the interior is concerned I would have to say it is the number 1 gogo in all of LOS. I really like the bathroom where you can continue to watch the shows through a two way mirror while taking a piss.

I look for the talent to improve over time. I spoke to several show girls at other bars who were contemplating a move to AW.

Archived