Bargirls as friends?

First let me say "please don't flame me" this is only my two sataangs worth..

I think that it is entirely possible to have a "real" friendship with a Bargirl... After all, being a bargirl is only an occupation..

They have feelings and desires.. Sure their life currently revolves around ngern (money) but they have feelings..

I've made that misstake before of forgetting this.. I ended up hurting a girls feelings.. Talk about feeling like shit..

Anyway.. IMHO, if you can have a "real" relationship depends on a lot of factors.. such as where did you meet? What type of person are you? What type of person is she? Is she being honest with you? Are you being honest with her?

After all, we all know that you don't really have a relationship with ANYONE unless you have some sort of "trust"...

I make it my personal policy that I always tell the girls the truth.. Sometimes it may not be what they want to hear.. but honesty really IS the best policy...

Plus you don't want to be known as a "goo-hok" (liar) ...

Again.. Only my two sataangs worth..

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: UPSer ]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I do believe that Bargirls can end up as friends.

I met a girl in Soi 7 Beergarden about 3 years ago (then aged 34) and we stayed together for 2 nights until the pace began to tell "...you take pills". Answer, "No way".

Over the last 3 years I often used to bump into her in the Beergarden and would always buy her a few beers. Also if I saw her in Nana Disco I would buy her a beer. This was without her asking.

After a while a little friendship grew up between us. Even when I was with another lady in the Beer Garden the 3 of us would often drink together. Often she would say "he my brother...I his sister". Once she even warned me of a woman I was with "..she have 2 farang husbands".

She would always tell me about her latest boyfriends: "He take me Hong Kong, no boom bom as he have bad heart. He bom bom he die": "I go with man he want to take sexy photos of me" etc.

It was a friendship I really valued and enjoyed.

Anyway bumped into her in early September of this year in the Beer Garden when I was with the latest love in my life. They got on together like a house on fire - even exchanging telephone numbers.

However, in the Beer Garden she was not on the pickup as she has now hit the jackpot.

She now has a boyfriend (aged 56)in Holland (who she will visit shortly) who has bought her a 4 million Baht house in Issan (that must be some house!!) and sends her between 30,000 - 70,000 Baht each month.

At the end as I left the Beer Garden (to meet up with fellow Board Members) I was happy that she had fixed herself up and quite sad that I would probably never see her again.

Fatbastard33

It is funny I became friends (at least I think I am) with my favorite bar girl in LOS. What really bought this home was one night a group of guys came into her bar and barfined everything in the bar 7 and above. I went looking for her and she had already been barfined. I found someone else. She called me that morning and asked me how I was. I said fine. I asked her about her barfine. She told me it was this old guy and he was ok. She asked me if I was alone. I said no I have a girl here. She just kept talking to me about different things and then she said OK I let you go but I see you later. It was funny that her barfine and my female company did not interfere with our new friendship. We were able to talk candidly and explcitly (as could be given her level of english and me having a girl in the room who was awake) about our experiences and life in general. She still calls me to this day though I am not and will not allow myself to be "head over heels" with her. But a friend she is...

Mykal

Archived