Revolutionary Iran

MaiLuk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just thinking. If iran built some compact nuclear devices and acting through some proxy put them on container ships heading for new york, los angeles and miami... or even if they used uranium to make some dirty bombs (very easy to make) and delivered them the same way. It would make no difference if they reached their targets or were discovered in time.

The US would have one option only: shut down all ports and search every incoming container. Ships would back up for 50 miles. Shipping orders delayed for months, even years.

Since the main religion in the US is consumerism and industrial production, the religion would grind to a halt. And when the church shuts down, the world economy shuts down. I mean it really SHUTS DOWN.

So if i'm an iranian mullah who fervently believes that the trend of globalization is all part of the zionist plot, then there is only one thing to do. Stop globalization by shutting down the world economy. And it would be so easy to do that it would be a sin to not do it.

OK you all know this already. The point is, will there be a day when we wish we followed big kahuna's advice?

Iran defends plan for Holocaust conference Tue Jan 24, 8:08 AM ET

TEHRAN (AFP) - Iran defended its plan to stage a conference questioning the Holocaust and accused British Prime Minister Tony Blair of "intolerance" for criticising the event.

"The comments by Prime Minister Tony Blair are an insult to the intelligence of people around the world," foreign ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi said in statement carried by the ISNA news agency Tuesday.

"For half a century, the defenders of the Holocaust have used every tribune to defend their position, and now have to listen to others."

The foreign ministry unveiled plans for the conference last week, a month after hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinjead described the systematic slaughter of an estimated six million Jews during World War II as a "myth".

On Monday, Blair branded the plan "shocking, ridiculous, stupid" and said Ahmadinejad "should come and see the evidence of the Holocaust himself in the countries of Europe".

But Asefi said Iran had a right to "hear all opinions" on the Holocaust "and chose the best one".

"Why are the defenders of globalisation insisting, like in the Middle Ages, on their unilateral position and for the global village to speak as one voice?" he asked.

"Sadly, blind intolerance and political interests and objectives have closed the eyes of the Holocaust defenders to the realities of the world, and they even reject the very principle of a scientific conference."

Ahmadinejad, an ultra-conservative who came to power in a surprise victory last June, has provoked international condemnation with a number of anti-Israeli and anti-Jewish remarks.

They include labelling Israel a "tumour" that should be "wiped off the map" or moved as far away as Alaska and claiming the Holocaust was a Western invention.

The foreign ministry has yet to fix a date for the event.

MaiLuk said:

Was just thinking. If iran built some compact nuclear devices and acting through some proxy put them on container ships heading for new york, los angeles and miami... or even if they used uranium to make some dirty bombs (very easy to make) and delivered them the same way. It would make no difference if they reached their targets or were discovered in time.

The US would have one option only: shut down all ports and search every incoming container. Ships would back up for 50 miles. Shipping orders delayed for months, even years.

Since the main religion in the US is consumerism and industrial production, the religion would grind to a halt. And when the church shuts down, the world economy shuts down. I mean it really SHUTS DOWN.

So if i'm an iranian mullah who fervently believes that the trend of globalization is all part of the zionist plot, then there is only one thing to do. Stop globalization by shutting down the world economy. And it would be so easy to do that it would be a sin to not do it.

OK you all know this already. The point is, will there be a day when we wish we followed big kahuna's advice?

Did you know that all containers on all ships bound to any US port is scanned / checked at the port of departure ?

I have met US custom people here living and working in Antwerp.

BB

Right so you nuke Tehran...

What about all the innocent people that live there?

What about the fact that you start a new cold war/arms race? Everyone is going to want to make sure they can defend themselves if were living in a world where one country feels it can through the odd nuclear bomb around with impunity. And how would the US ever be able to take the moral high ground again and say that countries shouldn't be allowed the bomb in case they use it!!! Besides possibly being the only thing that could unite the middle east and stop them killing each other I cant see much good coming out of that.

While there is one country I really dont want to see get the bomb it has to be Iran I doubt they'd use it. North Korea hasn't and Kim Jong is as mad as a march hatter. Israel hasn't (and it seems to be accepted they have it) and they've been in a situation where they've felt threatened for years. As OH said only one country has ever used it and in defense of the US that was a long time ago when I assume atitudes where different and bombs were smaller. I've also heard that it saved many more times as many lives by stopping the war earlier.

Having a bomb means you get to play big man and get respect. The US has to be a bit more cautious with North Korea now although they know that China will be merciless if they try anything too stupid. Also means you get to sell the technology to any dodgy ally for millions which is why the US does need to keep its deterrent. could possibly be scaled down slightly though as I'm sure they dont't need to be able to destroy the world THAT many times

MaiLuk said:

I did not know. would want more info. How is it possible to "scan" or search all containers. It seems like an impossible task but maybe you have more details.

Basically easy..... first you select which kind of goods / origin / suppliers needs to be checked.

After that you do your scans and physical checks.

More details probably available on the net, but not from me on a public board.....

BB

Archived