THAI Gold Card query

fatbastard33

I have a THAI Gold Card which expires in September 2006.

In 2005 I accumulated over 50,000 qualifying miles by the end of September 2005.

Now I was under the impression that if I accumulated over 50,000 in a calendar year the expiry date would be extended by 2 additional years from its current date of expiry (ie to September 2008) and I would also be entitled to a round trip upgrade. :)

To date I have not received anything. I have sent THAI an e mail but have received no reply. :(

Has anybody a similar experience to mine?

Cheers

Fatbastard33

As far as I recollect all the cards expire at the end of the year(Dec)therefore you will not get anything from them till nearer the time. Its very difficult trying to get any meaningful info from thai airways in London as it invariably requires a visit to their office. You are right about the round trip upgrade but its easier to do all this via the BKK HQ. I've learnt that its easier to do all the gold card quieries when I'm in Bkk.

I'm trying to understand the birth month offer which they've just sent me ::

JP

PS`we once sat next to each other on a return flight from LOS as we had both been upgraded gratis.How ya doin?

The expiry of the cards seem strange as I joined in midd year (6yrs ago) but the renewals always occur in Dec,

the site thai airways says

'top tier status is attained with Qualifying Miles earned during 3 evaluation periods.

50,000 Q Miles Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the same year, or 50,000 Q Miles during the first complete calendar year after enrolment.

80,000 Q Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the next complete calendar year.

40 international flown sectors on THAI within any 1 calendar year.

On attaining Gold status you will receive your personalised Gold membership card and 2 luggage tags, plus 5,000 threshold bonus miles.'

Are you guys getting renewal cards earlier in the year?

JP

relax fatbastard33!!

as you achieved enough miles in 2005 you will get sometimes in 3. quarter this year a new card with expiry date september 2007 and a free upgrade voucher.

mine expires in oct and i get it renewed every two years for several times already.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all of the replies.

I have now sorted it out with Thai.

I am allowed one round trip upgrade before my present card expires in September 2006 for doing over 50,000 miles in 2005 ie a Frequent Frequent Flyer. :) There is no voucher involved - just a case of phoning them when I have got my economy tickets for a round trip and asking for an upgrade. However, this must be used by the end of September 2006 when my present card expires

In October of this year I will get a new Gold card for another 2 years with another round trip upgrade to be used by September 2008 :).

Cheers

Fatbastard33

Bkkbound04 wrote: "we once sat next to each other on a return flight from LOS as we had both been upgraded gratis.How ya doin?"

Fine.

I remember it well - we were over somewhere like Turkey or so and we started to compare notes :).

I am back in LOS in April - are you around then?

Cheers

Fatbastard33

Archived