My new friend asking for a loan,

cpnhowdy

“The one time I lent money to a thai (a non-working girl) - 5000B for '2 or 3 weeks', I got all kinds of lame excuses for not being able to give it back. 3 months later and I still haven't seen it.”

And this is not only amongst loans (gifts) from farangs but also loans (gifts) from Thais to other Thais.

Don’t get involved into this bullshit.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly the sort of thing that should be encouraged from these sweet young things.

If it was me in your situation, I would tell her to F..k O.f and suggest you have suffered massive loss of face, etc, etc.

Seriously though, I had a BG ask for money, (relative have accident), I refused and she then asked me why not!

I thought 'because you are lying', but said

"I have no money, until next salary". Sometimes you have to lie to get good sex.

[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: KevinM ]

What the hell.....just give the money to a perfect stranger you just met on ICQ. After all .....most of you Farangs are all rich and can afford to throw your money away. I agree with most of the posters....that so-called loan will turn out to be a gift. Don't expect to receive a satang of it. Hell, it would have been better if she were a bargirl, at least you might convince her to work it off in lieu of paying you back. cool.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

Fact

You would never see a red cent of that money again.

Thais rarely/never pay back loans.

Look at the ongoing Financial mess from 4 years ago for proof of that comment.

I must agree with Flashermac & Stick.. IF you want to GIVE her the money then that's fine... but don't think of it as a LOAN.. as you'll never see a satang of that ngern again!... The situation may be legit, but I've never seen a real LOAN being paid back in BKK...

-- UPSer tongue.gif" border="0

Thanks everyone for your honest input. I`ve decided to give her the benifit of the doubt but not to give her all that she asks, just part of it and see how she reacts. I dont expect to see any of the money back. I do kinda believe that she`ll use the money for her sister and that she isn`t a BG. She`s asked me if I`ve ever slept with TG`s or been to a gogo bar (maybe she is worried I`ll find her in one, never know). But I think she is worried what kind of person I am. Is it common for Thai girls to ask you how much you make? Appreciate the honesty on this board, thanks.

Thai girls or Thai people in general can ask direct questions which may seem intrusive to us. They quite often will ask how much you earn to size you up as to where you fit in the societies social class. You need to understand the Thai culture a bit to appreciate this. So more you earn more respect you are likely to earn.

I'll bet what you earn gained her respect. I want to ask you, you didn't encourage her to ask you for favours did you...I mean to impress her etc. You didn't blabber that you earn so much and you didnt know how to spend it or something like that right? Because that would tempt them to use you.

Love for you and love for your money doesn't have a fine line here.....read more.

Archived