Return correspondance from Bg

Lusty

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't send money. Don't lose the plot.

A friend of mine, a total fool in love, told me a few months after returning one time that he'd got his "gf" of 3 weeks some jewellery. £800 worth to be precise! Absolute madness. She was a mamasan with a genuine Gucci watch (I've got enough fake watches myself to know it wasn't a fake).

He returned to see her 5 months later. Got the old routine of "I have a plot of land I can buy cheap and have a farm and leave this terrible life etc". He was also dragged up to the Laos border to see the family. Didn't see her 6 year old daughter though who the gf had no contact with as she lived with her ex husband.

GF runs short of money and writes to him for permission to sell the jewellery as her mother was ill and needed treatment. My response to him was that she should sell the Gucci watch and the other gold jewellery she had first instead of his love token. He sort of agreed with me but thought it was a present and she could do what she wanted with it.

They eventually broke up over his birthday of all things. He'd told her his birthday and dropped numerous hints in correspondence of the date. He'd even been ringing her up regularly up until that time. She didn't send him a card. As many will point out birthdays don't seem to be such a big deal with many Thais (something to do with celebrating Buddhist 12 year life cycles) and she obviously didn't think she'd transgressed. Matey boy was well pissed off. This was the chick he was referring to as his future wife. Sent her a snotty letter questioning her motives. No reply. Further letters and she couldn't be arsed to get back to him.

Now, here he is. Older. Not necessarily any wiser but certainly a lot more out of pocket and a lot less keen about the joy of Thailand. If only he'd been an unscrupulous butterfly and kept moving on but no he had to try to adopt his western concepts of "love" in a ruthless environment and luckily for him only came out of it a poorer man 6 months later and not totally emotionally screwed up years later.

She could be emailing 10 farangs at the same time, just changing the name up the top.

I believe this is called "value adding",

or just plain "winning the lottery".

Buy her some clothes and tell her that you'll discuss it when you get here.

Even better, ask someone to purchase a voucher from Robinsons, Lotus or somewhere and give that to her.

Some might say said she might lose face.

Bullshit!! It's you that will lose face if she's not the girl she says she is.

I was staying in Soi Sri Bumpen 3 years ago and sometimes hanged around Malaysia Hotel late at night.I knew some rent boys from Switzerland and helped them sometimes as well of a couple of girls and Katoeys to send mails.Such a joke.Apart that the mail is full of BS they do basically send the same to several guys.I can't understand how U send BG any money evn though many need it(hard to both support oneself,the family and the Ia Maa trade)

I know they do. I know of one story, where the woman "blessed by bhudda" had a beautiful face. She had atleast 20 male friends from all over, including japan and america. A japanese man supplied her with a luxury apartment, jewelry etc and the others supplied her with cash (and lots of it). She still went out and looked for business at the disco. The boyfriends found out about each other and she lost everything. After that, she got a job as an air hostess.

I've met a drop dead gorgeous chick that worked in a jewelry store dressed in a skirt suit, she "walks the streets" at night and you wouldn't guess it.

Pretty and shy mean f' all in the land o' scams.

quote:

Originally posted by luisBKK:

I can't understand how U send BG any money evn though many need it(hard to both support oneself,the family and the Ia Maa trade)

Unlike what so many on this board imply there are many different levels of relationship between farangs and girls. I insist that so many guys are in love with LOS because one can't just bring down all encounters to a sex for money thing. there are just too many variables in life to go always by stereotypes.

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

Unlike what so many on this board imply there are many different levels of relationship between farangs and girls. I insist that so many guys are in love with LOS because one can't just bring down all encounters to a sex for money thing. there are just too many variables in life to go always by stereotypes.

I've gotta go with U on this one,wouldn't be still going with thai girls otherwise.But I still think bargirls(and few of the non BG) R fooling guys,especially if u send them money when Ur abroad.It's funny to see guys raving on how special her BG is,or she was by accident in the Nana disco or etc...,and see the same girl vith a new BF(?) the first night the raving guy left

Luis,

I'm with Pattya127 100%. Some bargirls are fooling the guys, perhaps many, and I will even accept most for the sake of arguement. But there are also many bargirls who are decent, caring women and, as you say, there are non-bargirls who are every bit as false as the hard-core bargirls.

The problem is that so many guys, particularly those who can only spend a few short weeks at a time in Thailand, are unable to make the distinction.

Regards, JEff

quote:

I've gotta go with U on this one,wouldn't be still going with thai girls otherwise.But I still think bargirls(and few of the non BG) R fooling guys,especially if u send them money when Ur abroad.It's funny to see guys raving on how special her BG is,or she was by accident in the Nana disco or etc...,and see the same girl vith a new BF(?) the first night the raving guy left

quote:

I, for one, expect my G/Fs not to quit their , er..., night job. Who knows, they might find someone better than me, and i am too realistic (and frugal) to try to beat a whole industry.

This is an excellent analysis. Unless you can really spend a long time with a girl you are not going to know.

I'm disgusted by the scamming girls, and I've met lots of them, and can't belive that guys fall for it. However, I have met plenty who do keep their word, though they are a serious minority. Thing is, these girls often get burned, and then it's so much easier for them to become jaded and corrupt.

quote:

Originally posted by JEff:

I'm with Pattya127 100%. [qb]Some
bargirls are fooling the guys, perhaps
many
, and I will even accept
most
for the sake of arguement. But there are also many bargirls who are decent, caring women and, as you say, there are non-bargirls who are every bit as false as the hard-core bargirls.

The problem is that so many guys, particularly those who can only spend a few short weeks at a time in Thailand, are unable to make the distinction.

[/QB]

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: worldwalker ]

Archived