Return correspondance from Bg

Lusty

She is bold. But, then again the letter is not atypical. I've had one outright request and a few other 'hinted' at financial by saying 'how hard work is in bar and want to leave but need money'.

Seems like her Thai boyfriend and her family need some more money for whatever. (i'm being cynical obviously).

Rusty, you seem to realize that its part of the bar girl game and not playing it. Part of you wants to believe it and help but it goes against your logical side that has read the numerous posts on this board.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the only way I can survive on the day to day is to boost myself up sometimes. :-) Yes, I come across on this board a little conceited sometimes. I am not at all like that in real life. Actually I am very reserved concerning my feelings about myself in real life. My mentioning the bargirls calling and emailing me is because I am still skeptical of them. I do think eventually I am going to get an email about money though it has been about 1 month now and none of that. I am not immune to that side of bargirl tactics and I don't think I am. But in my understanding of how things are with the bargirls (and I still have a lot to learn) I am just trying in my own little way to tell the original poster I understand how he feels, albeit with a little conceit on my part...

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Mykal

Hear the story of the guy that got a letter from his thai gf that went something like this:

Hi my friend:

I am fine and happy here.

I like my work in the bar.

My family is fine, all happy and healthy:

I have make enough money, and don't have to worry about my rent, food, and so on.

*** the guy died of shock b4 he finished reading the letter***

rusty,

try to get her to break down the amount she's trying to hit you for.

My current live-in's needs are this and I checked them out.

3000B a month for in-laws to look after her 2 boys aged 3 & 6 up near Khorat.

3000B a month for mama & papa who work a market garden 7 days a week

8000B a month for TGF for clothes, makeup, fares, etc.

I'll jack up her allowance in 90 days to 10KB (if I can afford it.)

So currently 14KB a month

& 16KB from January.

If I'm stupid enough to have the kids live-in with us later the 3KB for the in-laws will go towards the cost of a live-in nanny.

I'm still, looking for a well heeled orphaned TGF with no kids ! laugh.gif" border="0

Yes, I agree that 20000 B a month is a lot of money and out of the question. However, you did say that you liked this girl and would want to see her again next time you're in Thailand.

Well, here's my feedback, I'd suggest a compromise, and at the same time it will set the record straight as to what she can expect from you. While you aren't going to give her money every month you can help her out with 5000 or 10000 B, or even less, as a one shot deal. That is, if you do like her enough to want to see her again and you feel like sending her anything at all and you have it to send. It really isn't such a big deal.

I think what we all want to avoid is feeling like you've been taken and feeling like the average Thai will consider you a fool for being a nice guy. It's up to you. I have sent some amall amounts of money to girls that I like and want to help out and want to see again and also I want them to appreciate me. I would imagine that if a girl that you liked opened a letter from you and a couple of thousand Baht fell out she would be delighted and appreciative.

After all, in Thai culture (I'm no expert, but I've heard) money is a big way of showing that you care for someone. BTW, I am pretty stingy and don't throw my money around.

TOTALLY disagree with Lucky. I've done that a few times, been asked for 3 or 4 times the amount i decided to send, thinking i showed thoughtfulness while being resaonable. What they saw is that i did not send what was asked. for one, it was a personal face losing situation, for others it popped out in the conversation when i went back to LOS to meet them again. And THEY WILL NEVER LISTEN TO YOUR SIDE OF THE STORY. Lip service, yes, but that's all. So in her eyes, you will look like you are simply not "walking the talk". Also, remember that they will never run out of arguments, such as "i know you no rich man, i no want rich man, but why you no send big for me one time, after i never ask you again...". Etc, etc...

Pattaya 127 -- Hmm, well, OK, I cannot disagree with you. I have to admit that sending money is a tricky business. It's probably a not a good idea more times than it is a good one. I was addressing Rusty's particular situation and if it were me and I like the girl and wanted to see her again I might send her a couple of thousand baht. You're right, it might backfire and turn out to be something you wish you hadn't done. Like I said, it is tricky, but sometimes (on very rare occassions) I will take the chance.

BTW, the name is MrLucky. There is another poster on the board called Lucky and this is not him. If this causes too much confusion, I will change my handle.

Archived