XX Olympic Winter Games in Torino

Mentors

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sayjann said:

apart from your good self is anyone watching this crap?.

because the UK can't talk with on the Winter Olympics doesn't mean, that nobody

is interested in my wonderful work! :neener:

Alpine Skiing - Men's Combined

01. T. Ligety USA

02. I. Kostelic CROATIA

03. R. Schoenfelder AUSTRIA

I also think that ALL medals should count in the (imaginary) ranking of best nations. I've seen other scoring tables where a nation with one total medal (gold) is ranked higher than a nation with 7 total medals (4 silver, 3 bronze) and that just just make sense to me. Perhaps a point system (G=4, S=2, B=1) is more fair. Otherwise why bother giving out the silver and bronze if they don't count for anything. (remembering that this whole ranking thing is meaningless anyway)

Used to be I could get into figure skating and some of the other popular sports like gymnastics. But it's getting harder and harder to get my head around watching a sport that is fixed. In skating one of the last 5 skaters ALWAYS wins. Even if they fall down they will be scored higher than an early skater. Sports where judging is involved almost always lead to big names winning over small names. Give me a luge competition anyday where winning depends solely on how fast you go and not on some judge with an agenda.

Big shame that the games are not on UBC. My satellite has come on useful again with 2 dedicated 24 hour channels of Olympics coverage out of South Africa.

itsmedave said:

Give me a luge competition anyday where winning depends solely on how fast you go and not on some judge with an agenda.

Yes that's correct, but same has Boxing, if you not beat

your counterpart k.o., the judge can give the victory to the other one.

Big shame that the games are not on UBC. My satellite has come on useful again with 2 dedicated 24 hour channels of Olympics coverage out of South Africa.

Yes that's correct, but same has Boxing, if you not beat

your counterpart k.o., the judge can give the victory to the other one.

This is indeed a shame, and that with Est Asia countries who wins a lot of medals

at this Olympics. UBC NO GOOD!

Must say I am looking forward to the speed skating. Could history repeat itself. Had to be one of the funniest sporting mishaps I've ever seen. Steve Bradbury rode on that win for years. Incidently anyone ever taken a TG skiing and if so did they enjoy it?

bust1 said:

Must say I am looking forward to the speed skating. Could history repeat itself. Had to be one of the funniest sporting mishaps I've ever seen. Steve Bradbury rode on that win for years. Incidently anyone ever taken a TG skiing and if so did they enjoy it?

my ex-wife didn't enjoy it.

some Thais enjoy skiing, especially if a restaurant is around who sells a hot cup of coffee with a large shot Snaps... :snowman:

Archived