Being Lied To....

Savittre

Lies, Lies, Lies,

All women dole them out but the Asian is especially good at it. The saving face lie is okay every so often however, eventually you lose face for excepting the BS. My x Korean wife fed me many a story and I just smiled knowing it was crap. Notice I said ex I finally said F' it told her to stick her culture and friends and got the hell out. If it's a BG then I don't mind however if she becomes a friend forget it no way I won't except it any more it's time maybe the farang thinks about his own face (hell it's not like you won't get laid) laugh.gif" border="0

To rumba1: Wow, lots of drama in your relationship. Reminds me a little of what I went through with my (now) wife and (ex) girlfriend when they ran into each other in front of the hotel a couple of years ago. Yes, a "cat fight" complete with visits to the emergency room for both combatants and threats to go to the police coming from both sides.

Anyway, when reading your g/f's letter it reminded me of similar e-mails and faxes that I recieved from my wife before we were married. Sounds like she's trying to come up with some sort of a rudimentary budget which would include her passport expenses. The cost of the passport is actually closer to 1000 Baht, but then there are just plain living expenses which, I would guess, have been factored into her "internet" and "beauty products" budget lines.

Really, it doesn't sound like a lot of money if you are actually interested in persuing a relationship with this particular woman. I think it adds up to 5000 Baht w/o the mysterious 1725 Baht bill that she will fax to you later.

IMO, the Thai boyfriend will be a problem for both of you. Did you ask her what happened?

Don't forget, living in Thailand w/o a source of income is a scary proposition. You can almost hear it in her letter.

Can't really give you any advice, just wish you both the best of luck.

To Mr Lucky (and all)

To be honest, I don't think the relationship with her ex boyfriend is on though I would not bet my house on it!

I have actually told her that I want her only as friend now as we were when we first used to meet in the shop. I can give more time to find out a few things if I want to persue it. But there are many beautiful women about and like someone recently added, we will always get laid. But I would rather meet a nice genuine one and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I get pissed off waking in the morning (or sometimes in the afternoon) and these girls dont talk much. I would rather there be something there between us now i've been around a bit.

Any bars/ places you recommend?

I am even thinking of going to Myanmar even though it will be difficult to bring girls back from their.

Regards,

John

All women nag, so you gotta get the best loking nagger you can find!!!

quote:

Originally posted by rumba1:

[QB]I am even thinking of going to Myanmar even though it will be difficult to bring girls back from their.

QB]

I've gotten in quite a few discussions with friends about meeting the right woman in SEA. English and lack of education is indeed a big problem on LOS. Culturally, i cannot say that outside of the thai way of things, my TGFs had a great input ("honest" ones too). My friends and I have found it way easier to talk about many different subjects in good enough english in Burma, Viet-nam, Cambodia, Laos, malaysia and Indonesia. I don't know what's with the thais (never colonized?), they are incredibly insular and rarely indulge in deep discussions or know that much outside of the Kingdom (even inside). All these other countries, though some very poor, just provided meeting with people who could manage a good talk and be curious about your opinion and your country. I love Thailand, but it has always been hard for me to repress the prejudice that thais are a bit thick and uninterested when it comes to the outside world. Just an example: I knew this student who came to see her uncle for one year in Seattle, a great opportunity to learn, work and stay longer too. Well, her uncle never encouraged her to do so, but had her baby-sitting his kids for a full year, when i saw her, her english had not improved, and i told her she can come live in SF, we will help her, my thai and other friends. But soon after, i learnt she just went back to LOS. I thought that was a great opportunity lost, just to be again in a familiar but predictable environment. She was 24, not a puppie.

We men never lie to women! Do we?! For the record I would trust a BG before I would trust a farang participating as a patron or worker in the bar scene. When a BG lies her motives are usually apparent, when a farang lies watch the hell out!

The same rules apply for me in the "normal" world. When a woman lies the motivations are usually discernable(usually based on some emotional decision). When a man lies hell even he doesn't know why he is lying!

I love all of you and consider you my friends, when I get to LOS I will buy you all a round! (blatant lie)

Regards,

JJSUSHI

Hey Guys,

I think women all over the world lie.Women in the east who are poor tend to lie when it comes to money.Every woman in this world is insecure and only Money gives them security.

What we guys need in life is Sex,Food and Sports.Unfortunately most wives give up on sex. And thats we we guys have to look after ourselves.

Greg, calling a Thai a buffalo is a definite no-no, unless you are looking for trouble.

As far as lying goes, I know that when new gals come into the bar scene, they are taught to lie by other gals who try to teach them the ways of the farangs. Many, if not most, of the experienced bargirls have been

lied to by a farang. Many of these girls are in the business so that they or their families can survive. If you can accept this, then lying almost becomes an instinct for some of them. Yes, many are outright greedy.

I believe that the longer a lady is into the scene, the more jaded she will become thus increasing the liklyhood and frequency of lying.

There are ways of testing them. But, I recommend that if someone is really concerned about lying, stick to the newcomers. They are easy to spot.

Archived