Being Lied To....

Savittre

Hi Guys,

Well, I've heard lots said about BG's and lying, stuff like 'Bargirls are the world's biggest liars!' etc. I also read another post saying 'If you think the BG's lie a lot, wait 'till you see how the 'nice' TG's lie!

I wouldn't know about the 'nice' girls.

But, my Taiwanese x-wife was one hell of a liar. Her usual style would be to lay some BS on me, and I know it's BS, try to point this out to her (c'mon, honey, I may be dumb but even I know 2 + 2 does not = 6, OK?) and she would handle that by serving up an even bigger pile of sh**, and start losing her temper, too.

Now, I see lying, coming from Asians (Well, those east Asian societies that care about 'face') as taking 2 different forms- one is lying for the sake of face, which I don't really mind, first cause I know that's the way they gotta do it, second, because I've been around these parts long enough to have a fairly good idea (I think) of what the score really is, and last but not least, because it is generally, in my experience, pretty harmless.

Then you have the other kind of lying, which is out and out deception. Like I got too much of from the x-wife.

I'm very interested to hear what you guys who have been in relationships with Thai women (BG, 'nice', doesn't matter) -how do you handle this issue?? Are you going to tell me 'my girl doesn't lie to me?' That's a bit hard for me to swallow, because it's so intertwined with the culture, and also human relationships all over the world!!

But I'd really like to know how you guys who are making it work with your lady deal successfully with this issue!!

Thanks

I am a newbie here and have only been 3 times to thailand. Mabe because of this i don´t understand all this lie bs. I have one bf "girlfriend" and from reading a lot in the internet i think i know how things are going. I told her that i will not sent money and she don´t asks for it. I tell her i know what she is working and i am fine with it. She wants me to call her but i told her i don´t like to speak to her knowing mabe a farrang is laying next to her so i prefer e-mail. She keeps telling me she is not going with farrang.

To me this lie is like saying: i think you are a stupid idiot. I know what she is doing. So why can´t she just tell me the truth and we are both happy when she makes a lot of (big big) money.

crazy.gif" border="0

When visiting the land of scam. You are just a customer to these girls. The rule of thumb here is not to be come a victem of a scam. They are out to make a living. Some of them are looking for a better future. The point of this is never let your guard down but keep your hard on up.

Hi,

I would say that as far as the second class lies (i.e. the deceptive ones) go, there really is not much difference with the West. Some people are pathalogical (sp?) liars, while others (virtually) never lie.

The people in this country are no different. There are those that I wouldn't trust if they said that the sky was blue, and there are those who I have never caught lying.

Sanuk!

I stick with Khun Sanuk on this.

Only the percentage of liers is higher in the prostitution business, isn't it.

I think you did it right, too many lies qualify her for the title of the ex-wife/ex-girlfriend.

Of course you shouldn't tell lies yourself, like 'gotta work overtime today'... - LOL

In response to the best liars, I would appreciate any comments about my last letter I received from my girlfriend.

I am nervous about sending money over for the first time and to be honest I have decided not to. My twin brother spent 3 years in Burma and brought a lovely honest girl back from the village and she started in a bar to pay for her dads operation. They are now married and are expecting their first child next month. If only I could find the same. Mai bpen rai....

So this is the letter my girlfriend sent me.....

Mr.John tii rak

I e-mail tell you about make passport

you send to me about make passport

2,000 baht

for pay when I come to internet shop 1,000 baht per

month

and for pay about

cream for my face my hair[shampoo] my body and pay bus

bill for back to Chiang rai

2,000 baht

then I will fax to you about some bill I must pay

1,725 baht

I hope when I can work I can get money and pay it

now I can not work I not happy and I worry about my

bill I must pay

send to me because I will back to Chiang rai 22/11/01

[may be]

you asked me why I back to BKK

I come with pii paa she can look after me when I

shower I eat rice clean my sur and kangkaeng I go with

her everywhere

she will look after me untill I can work and untill

you come to BKK and I make visa and go with you

then when I have bill from make passport I will fax

tell you kun Ok mai??

send to me rew rew pii Paa she will go with me for

make passport

I wait you

phone to me tonight

love you tiirak

I do everythings for you

Taiy

xxxxxxxxxxx

crazy.gif" border="0

Rumba1

It will not be possible to judge or comment on a letter received by your G/F as nobody knows the background. Did you ask her to make a passport? or any other indication to bring her back to your home country?. If this is not the case, than I would say “drop it” or check her out.

Good luck

Lying is ingrained in the bar girls but they do differ when confronted with the truth. Some lie more and more, others actually accept that you might be slightly more intelligent than a buffalo and modify their lives accordingly, though the latter is relatively rare. BTW, if you want to see some of the rage that lies beneath the surface, tell a b-gal that she is the same as a buffalo (kwai)!!!

Hi Chaps,

She is great company, and I wanted her to come to UK.

But more and more I see her asking me for money and I was under the assumption 'good girls will not ask for money' hence my suspicion. Somehow I have lost trust in her. On my last visit in fact the very last day something disastrous happenned to wreck everything. After spending 10 days together she came to pick me up at the airport, and after going to work in a shop for 4 days (where I met her last April) she quit so she could then spend all day with me for the remaining 6 days. Her boss would not let her take any time off.

But on the last day her boyfriend spotted her in Siilom shopping complex and I knew something was wrong. She grabbed me and shouted some tai obscenities but I was getting more and more angry. He kept following and wouldnt leave us I then used some of my old rugby league skills and elbowed him in the face for a while. By this time a crowd had gathered on silom road and I was ready to give this guy a good kick in but thought Im not in my country and I come to my scenses and thought this guy is proberbly right. He was actually with her before I came on the scene. All this after taking her to Pattaya etc etc and buying her some clothes...

So I grabbed my bag from her and left her to sought her problems out. She shouted back that she loved me but I walked away I suppose a little heartbroken. But in Thailand you are not on your own long.

However she later that night went to the airport to meet me before I flew back to UK. But I did not want to know. I have phoned her a few times and sent each other e-mails but she still insists this relationship was some time ago and she wants to live with me and go everywhere with me.

So briefly that is the history.

You can perhaps understand why I'm suspicious.

But I go back in Feb, April, July etc and I know where to have fun. And proberbly less expensive in the long run.

I am fussy who I sleep with and most of the time I don't want full intercourse. I can flirt all night and walk away. It pisses the lasses off but I've hardened too.

If the man has his brains where they should be, we will be boss.

Keep up the info guys. At the end of the day have fun what everyou are doing.

John

But on last day

Archived