Thai lady wants me to go with her to her home???

quote:

Originally posted by Dundee:

I can recommend that any farang should have the lifetime experience of joining the Isaan style of partying during the annual Bong Fai festival. Great fun.
laugh.gif" border="0

It is indeed. That is under the assumption that you get through it without injuries when the huge rockets explode anywhere else than in the air. shocked.gif" border="0

Yo Greg -

I don't think it's the same Somjit - her "cheu-ah lehn" (nickname) is Nid, but anyway what you said about food poisoning really struck a cord. One of the more unusual aspects of Nid's behavior was her constant fear of being poisoned by those around her. She would throw out canned and otherwise sealed foods freshly purchased at the supermarket, thoroughly convinced they were somehow contaminated. She often believed her ex-husband (who lived in the same city) poisoned the water coming in through the tap and, get this, would always take me aside and ask if I thought Thai people at our wat put poison in her food! shocked.gif" border="0

I live in Tampa (Florida), in a semi-tropical in climate, which allows me to grow many Asian plants in my garden. But whenever I brought fresh "luuk meu keu-ah" (baby Thai eggplant) for Nid to make fresh, stinking tongue.gif" border="0 shrimp paste, she would never take it, saying it somehow was poisoned. WTF crazy.gif" border="0

Well, uh, maybe she was just a little on the paranoid, neurotic side...

Also, about riding a motorbike sans helmet. In a word, don't! Check out "All the King's Horses" on www.rotten.com and check out the guy whose grape got busted open with accompanying brain spillage on the asphalt. shocked.gif" border="0 Yeeeccccccccchhhhhhhh!!!

No, not the same Somjit - there are an awful lot of them around. Yes it's dangerous but it was such a b..tard hot place for me, it was the only way to get cool in the day - riding a motorcycle sans helmet, that is. I know one girl who went through three different farang, all supposedly dying of heart attacks! The cops don't want the hassle and are easily bribed. It's a fine trip as long as you stay on the good side of the gal and her family, which means money.

Hi Greg

Go and see the real Thailand but the scams are still there to. I have been a few times North East of BKK and have had a ball. Bus travel is a pain but worth the insight to Thai’s way of travel but an experience by its self-LOL. The villages iv been to have been 50km south of Roiet and well worth the visit but this time of year sleep under net or be bitten. ENJOY the experience.

wink.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Yo Greg -

Amen to your post, bro'. As long as you keep the dollars flowin', you'll stay healthy. I love the Thais to death, but why the seeming fanatical obsession with money? crazy.gif" border="0

It seems to fly smack in the face of the Dharma. I love the do, re, me too, but have found as I get older (and really learn about Buddhism), that such cravings do indeed bring nothing but grief and headache. I also remember what I learned the very first day of Economic Theory 101 at university - that all human wants are insatiable. There's never enough money, never enough things to buy, never an end to the bills, etc.

Screw money, says I. Less is more. But then again, that's why I'm single! laugh.gif" border="0

Yes, I feel your pain about riding in the heat. In Florida between May - September the heat and humidity are tortuous to the extreme. It's not bad when you're moving, but should you have to sit there it does get steamy. tongue.gif" border="0 Result: many of my friends opt not to wear a helmet. 90% of the Harley riders don't either, though some wear beanies.

Last night about 8 of us went out to the twisties and caught the meteor showers. The sky was clear and bright, and, while we were all kicking back, someone took out a fattie and passed it around. shocked.gif" border="0 It was all couples 'cept for me, all riding rice burners, and after the show we all rode back to the city. Five in the morn, zero cars, cool temps...everybody tucked in and we zipped back and forth between ourselves for mile after mile. cool.gif" border="0 Gawd, what an awesome experience! My bike was running soooo sweet, the engine singing so beautifully. You felt like you never wanted to stop riding, especially after we hit the interstate.

Sex is great, but last night I was reminded there are so many other pleasures out there. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

I've just got back from another one of these..

Prepare to be stared at (like you've never been stared at before), pointed at, made drunk by half the men in the village, groped and kissed by the same. wink.gif" border="0

I'd say it can be fun, but it can get a bit wearing after a while, especially if you're a typical first-time farang who likes a bit of privacy. Also, you might get the occasional request for money to buy something by people who just see you as a big rich farang, but stay close to your girl and should be able to fend these off for you. Not being able to speak Thai in these cases is a plus!

If it's your first time, I'd set a definite time-limit on it, just to be sure. Make it clear at the outset that you've GOT to be back in a couple of days. If you don't like it, you can smile and return promptly. If you like it, you can always return. In fact, that'd look better.

Archived