Predator vs. Alien

gummigut

Or what goes on in my house...

Ants versus Centipede.

Just a quick run down. I'm a bit fussy when it comes to pests and rodents.

Living in a townhouse I thought these would be some pretty big issues. Especially rats as you can see them on any street. But it's really been a non-issue.

I've had no rats in my house. I did have one that recently died in the car port, but that's because I've got some bad juju in front of the house cause I sure don't want those bastards in the house. That's the only rat I've ever seen or heard within the house.

Haven't seen a cockroach for about a year.

I get a waterbug maybe twice a month since I've put down the bad juju. I probably need to get to Jamaica to get the strong stuff.

Well, as many of you know, I've had a centipede "problem". And it really is only in the downstairs bathroom. But I've learned to live with that.

Now, the interesting thing is that I've got a new breed of ants. Normally I'll see small black ants every now and again. Your standard ant shuffling around looking for food. Usually around the kitchen.

Recently though, I've got new black ants. They are maybe 20% bigger than the regular black ants, so they are still quite small.

But they move like ants on SPEED! The move in short fast bursts. It's pretty weird. Like regular ants but amped up 4 or 5 times.

First noticed them in the kitchen and then in my shower upstairs. Sprayed the entrances the ants were using and then they popped up in the bathroom downstairs.

The interesting part is when they popped up in the bathroom, there were 8 or 10 baby centipedes in the bathtub! Forced out of their living quarters I expect.

Centipede vs. Ants = Ants win.

Right now:

Ants vs. Gummigut = undecided, though I'm surely winning the war!

If your getting rid of ants, don't buy that ant bait traps. Where there are these little pellets ants supposedly take back to their nest as food, but they are really poison.

Ants are way to smart and never take the pellets though they walk all over them.

That chalk type stuff is amazing. Kills em fast and quick and they can never get around it. Not good though if you've got children. Pretty sure that chalk stuff is some bad mojo cause quite frankly, nothing crosses that line. It's a dead zone.

Best stuff so far for me is the canned pesticide with a thin metal tube. You can jam the tube into a tunnel and spray. You get very little mist if any and the stuff does a damn good job on the pests.

<<burp>>

LOL, I have had many a past battle with various insects that I thought I could never win but eventually did. Right now I am fighting a war on two fronts. Small black ants despite the poison food and chalk lines continue finding ways to exploit the cupboards putting my prized cereal boxes at constant risk. And for months there are these annoying black gnats flying around, but I can't find anything to counter them. I figure fly paper would work great but haven't seen it for sale anywhere. So I whack them with a cloth when they touch a window and have over 100 confirmed kills so far so I am somewhat of an ace at it.

Archived