Long term relationships???

Does anybody know where I can find a long term relationship??

I know thats a difficult question to answer, but I am 38, and I have been around enough now and want to settle with someone.

Because I am quite well off and handsome I cannot walk 5 yards without hassle from ladies in shop and bars.

Where is there some decent place away from the money wanters?

What about Ratchada and the hollywood bar and dance fever??

Strangely enough I get bored with the girls now, they are all pretty, say the same thing and have the same motives. What a change it will be to find a girl who wants to give me her heart.

Maybe its time to go to Malaysia or somewhere else. I have got tired of the Thai shit.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

I cannot walk 5 yards without hassle from ladies in shop and bars. Where is there some decent place away from the money wanters?

Rumba1

Without flaming, but if your are prepared to work on it, rather than flying in and pick your choice, then indeed there are many ways to meet someone not involved in the scene and without the hassle associated with most of the B/G.

Why not try the personals. Online, print, whatever. That way you can meet someone with your specific qualifications and visa versa.

Take your time to get to know whoever you meet and go from there. Also, friends and relatives may be able to help you in your present country.

quote:

Originally posted by rumba1:

[QB]Does anybody know where I can find a long term relationship??

I know thats a difficult question to answer, but I am 38, and I have been around enough now and want to settle with someone.

QB]

Asking that question seriously may mean u haven't been around long enough. A long term relationship develops when u meet someone that u are interested in and is interested in you.

I will give u some other advice try the Phillipines if u are tired of Thailand. Believe it or not u can establish a long term relationship through letter writing, an occasional phone call and a few trips to visit your girlfriend will eventually yield a wife. How do I know this u may ask? I have a Filipina aunt who keeps trying to get me to write and talk with the girls in her neighborhood. I also have a couple of friends who have done this successfully.

You may have more success with a Fillipina because of the English language skills, western type religion, and overall adaptability to Western culture.

How about Manchester as you seem to live there? It's difficult to say without knowing where you do live, how often you are here, how free you are to move around etc, etc. Depending on the answers to those questions I would suggest Jakarta, Bangkokchat or one of the bigger towns in the North or North East which have universities.

LG

• 3 weeks later...

rumba1 --

If you're not a frequent traveller to BKK, you can start a good (long term possible) realtionship with a proper thai girl over the net or personals.. However, like all things, this takes time.. I have two close friends who are now involved (one married, the othe engaged) to the former pen-pals...

--UPSer

PS: If you're in BKK on a long-stay type thing then you've got a distinct advantage.

• 2 weeks later...

If you say you are getting hassled every 5 yards, then you need to get out of the bar scene. What do you expect, some beautiful regular Thai girl hanging around where you hang out?

What is the definition of insanity - doing the same thing but expecting different results!

I seriously doubt when you are in main public places that Thai non-BGs are constantly bugging you.

If you want something different, then you to make major changes to your current approach.

Vision and define what you want and then figure out a strategy on how to obtain it. I bet it will be very different to what you are currently doing in attracting the present attention you are getting.

And hopefully with different and better results for you. Good luck...........

Cardinalblue

quote:

Originally posted by rumba1:

Because I am quite well off and handsome I cannot walk 5 yards without hassle from ladies in shop and bars.

HANSUM MAN - I LUB YOU TO MUTT!!!

Archived