Jasmine Executive Suites

Kite_Flyer

So if a guest is calling you have to go to get them, but you don't need the key to go back down. I stayed there just after they opened, thought they were just OK for the price. Quite a few reports of poor AC and plumbing problems in the bathroom, but you can sit on the bog and look out over bkk in some rooms which is rather enjoyable.

Agree with all the above. Best to get a room overlooking Soi 23, for the view. The bathtub showers in the studios tend to leak all over the place, but the 1BRs and above have a seperate shower. No radio/alarm or any type of clock in the rooms. Breakfast sucks.

Haven't stayed there in more than a year, though, so I don't know if those issues have been resolved. For some reason, I'm more comfortable at the Rembrandt Towers, and I get a better rate there.

Ihave stayed gthere the last 4 to 5 trips and never had a problem although most of my recent trips I ahve been with same girl I have had a couple of friends in the same place including last December and no problems. They did slide soemthign under the door during nthat stay though insinuating tghey might charge for extra guests but that never happened to myself or my friend. It's a serviced apartment and late at night ther is often nobody downstairs in the entrance way( lobby is actually on the 7th floor) and you need a key to go up to any fl;oor except the 7th.

I like the place, it's new looking and clean. The showers are only bad if yolu let the TG use the manual shower head and spray all over because your in a large bathtub with a smallish shower curtain.

By the way, the bdoorman who is usually on is a bit of a hustler an has asked me many times if I wanted him to get me a girl for the night.

If you ask for mthe Nanapong rates you can get a good weekly rate too.

• 1 month later...

Kite_Flyer,

Thanks very much for adding your Review of Jasmine Suites - only wish I had seen it just a few hours earlier - I took particular notice of your report Jasmine Suites now charges for Guests:

The Jasmine is guest friendly as long as you book a double. Their stated policy is that you will be charged extra if the number of people using the room is in excess of the number of people in the booking. The extra guest charge is 700 Baht nett per day.

I often bring 2 (or more) girls back to my place more than I do only 1 so this new policy would be a killer for me.

When I stayed in Jasmine Suites this past NOV they were constructing a 2nd "lobby" on the ground level - looks like maybe they did that so they could enforce this new policy.

Years ago I stayed in the Sunbeam in Pattaya which had a similar policy and although I booked as a Double it was a hassle having to stop and verify my booking each time I brought a guest back.

Looks like I may be cancelling my reservations at Jasmine.. :(.

BrownFox77,

All may not be lost. This was their stated policy but I didn't see any evidence of it being enforced. There were always one or two Jasmine staff in the ground floor lobby but they didn't seem to be overly interested in what was happening. I used to walk in with a girl all of the time and nobody challenged me or enquired if my booking was for a single or a double. I asked for two access cards at the time I checked in and gave one to my girl when I met up with her later that night. She had no problems coming and going at will either with me or on her own.

Perhaps you could adopt a slighly sneaky strategy - get two access cards, give one card to one of your girls and get her to go up to your room on her own while you bring the other girl up a few minutes earlier or later.

Maybe other Jasmine guests who've stayed recently can comment on their experience.

Kite_Flyer,

Thanks for the amplifying info, sounds like everything's still the same then. Jasmine had always been very guest friendly, not even bothering to check ladies IDs, etc.

Sunbeam was quite different and did check at the lobby when you brought guests back, backed up by security guards.

Rekon I'll take a chance with Jasmine again, not a perfect place by any means but I've found the 1 bdrms very nice but what I like most is the location. Will be staying there during May and will make a report afterwards, hopefully another positive one... :)

Archived