Looking for Fun In HCMC Vietnam

Another_Guy

Hello everyone.

I will be in HCMC (Siagon) Vietnam in March. i am looking for a couple of places to hang out. 1.) like Nana Disco or CM2 and the other 2.) like route 66. More of a local non-worker feel.

I had heard that apocylapse now would fit number one and a disco/club called startship would fit number 2.

If anyone has current information that would help a lot.

Thanks

heaps of girls.cant take them back to your hotel room though due to the laws.so you have to buy them their own room or go to a mini-hotel (20 to 30 USD).Apo is a pussy pit, bar on the top level of the sheraton has some lookers(bring your platinum card), heaps of little beer bars around the sheraton area too, girl will sit with you, you buy drinks, take her out and screw her etc....

What is Route 66? Starship has been shut down for a long time now. Lots of nightclubs/discos like that one. Mua Rung/Rainforest is one. Liquid. Vivas. Volcano. Speed. Your hotel or a decent motorbike driver can show you were they all are.

Apocalypse isn't anything like Angels disco in Nana Hotel. These days there are a few girls working there, rarely any above a 7. Quite a few well past the expiration date.

Motorbikes with girls won't find you anywhere in Saigon these days. That's a myth. Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street has girls on bikes and on the street (near the park). You'll probably be a bit disappointed with what's on offer there too. If you are walking around downtown and motorbikes come to you with a girl on the back, chances are it's not really a girl.

For quality choices you have to spend a little. Hai Ba Trung (closer to the river) and the nearby area have lots of hostess bars that can get pretty amazingly sleazy. Taking a girl out there is normally going to cost you $50-70. These are mostly all together on one block and that group of bars always has the best selection -- but you never know. An ambitious motorbike driver will gladly show you the rest of those kinds of bars in the same area. U2 bar around the corner is the sleaziest of all these bars by far, with girls that are usually not nearly as cute as the other bars.

There are hotels that let you bring girls home. Try the Pham Ngu Lao area -- it's cheap and they're used to it. But just ask your hotel first before taking the room -- what if I bring my girlfriend to my room, is that ok?

There was a bar in Pham Ngu Lao called Sahara that was a bit like Angels -- wall to wall whores -- but it was closed permanently by the police this past year. Nothing like it has sprung up since.

There's Catwalk at the New World Hotel, which is pretty expensive. An army of tall hostess girls in evening gowns, but $30 or so just to sit with a girl. And it's very tame once you do. Caesar's in District 5 has a similar setup at lower prices. $100 to take girls in these spots home, I've heard.

There's mainstream nightclubs and discos all over town, and they'll all have a few girls working.

There's other spots that are mostly too difficult for short time visitors. Need language or a good knowledge of the terrain.

wendella said:

Motorbikes with girls won't find you anywhere in Saigon these days. That's a myth.

It's not a myth, i made the experience in the past and it is still so today, a friend of mine made his nice experiences two weeks ago. It still goes on in the evening around the tourist hotels.

wendella said:

"Motorbikes with girls won't find you anywhere in Saigon these days. That's a myth."

Never happened to me. And I walked all over. Never a hint.

I am sure it can happen. Just didn't happen with me last July.

Maybe I am one of those fat, balding, Western man that everyone keeps talking about on this board.

Print out the money conversion chart that is on a couple of postings on this board. The conversion is boggling.

And as stated before, the taxi from airport - even though they say metered - are/can be a complete ripoff. Ride from airport should be about US $6-7 dollars (Dong equivalent). My driver tried to get 3-4 times that amount.

The hotels take your passport. So bring a copy.

Nice looking gals, though !

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. The 'myth' is that you just have to walk around anywhere in the city and gorgeous girls on the backs of motorbikes will zoom up to you and make propositions.

There are girls on the backs of motorbikes in Saigon, yes. Everywhere? No way. They are in certain specific spots. There are a few such spots around the city, which are generally a few blocks in size. They will circle around that area looking for potential customers, and when they reach the end of their 'zone', the motorbike will do a u-turn and cruise down the other direction.

The downtown district 1 area (near lots of teh more expensive hotels) has some motorbikes going around looking for customers (mostly on Hai Ba Trung and Dong Khoi) and USUALLY these motorbikes will be carrying a transvestite/transexual on the back. Not sure why that's so, but in my experience (and of others I know) it is. I'm sure if there's anyone reading here with much experience in Saigon, they have seen the same thing.

Finally, the girls on these bikes are rarely what anyone could call beautiful. It happens sometimes, but not often.

Archived