Loss of face or an overreaction?

Ranger

My vote -

She overreacted to the situation due to pent up feelings, but you were clearly a little insensitive or oblivious (not that you should have known better or that anyone else would have acted differently, but if you had to do it over again...).

She might have really lost a little face in the pool hall. You and the girlfriend know what you were doing, but everyone else saw you smiling, laughing and getting another girl's phone number. The other girls in the bar may even innocently tease her about that, but it will hurt because she knows that you really do fool around.

And she doesn't really know that you wouldn't sleep with this girl if you had the chance, does she?

This is going to happen again, even if you try to be sensitive you're going to slip up. I think all you can do is damage control as best you can (sincerely apologize, but tell her that such outbursts are not acceptable) or dump her. You may have to dump her once or twice to get it to sink in ;-)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My experience (perhaps limited) is that it is an attention seeking thing most of the time. If you ignore the tantrum, it will fade after an hour or so (Generally!)

Best of all turn the situation around,

When she stops ranting and comes to her senses that she is making a mountain out of a molehill, act VERY hurt about her accusations or whatever the case may be.

Example "You hurt my heart very much when you call me butterfly"

Apology from her for upsetting you should follow and some begging for forgiveness. Problem Solved

You may even go so far as to suggest that she could make it up to you and cook something nice or even a BJ.

This worked EVERY time for me

Just my 2 cents

If its a game PLAY IT to win

Archived