Loss of face or an overreaction?

Ranger

Ranger,

A piece of advice. Assuming the girl really is sweet on you, I'd suggest that you let her deal with any other girl you need something from. Simply ask her, 'my friend would like that girl's phone number, could you get it for him?' Most likely she'll be more than happy to comply. And gain face because she'll be doing something that makes you happy. Better yet if she can pass it on so that you never see it since that could be suspicious given your history.

I too have a reputation with my long term g/f for being chao-shue. Unfortunately, it was well earned on my first trip. Unlike you however, I haven't been since I moved here and I still get the label once in awhile. No matter what I do it may continue to stick. The lesson here is that they never forget. And the comments above about being reminded of it are probably also right on the mark.

BTW. I too have enjoyed your trip reports and hope that your attachment won't stop them from coming.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ranger,

This face loss thing is a little overblown at times, especially by some girls. FWIW, you were perhaps A LITTLE, and I stress that - a little, insensitive, but I think your girlfriend's reaction was WAY OVER THE TOP. Perhaps there was somethnig else at play here, such as her palying pwoer games, or something like that. Maybe it was a point made indirectly that she is nto happy about soemthing else in the relationship.

Call me insenstive, but I no longer put up with this sort of shit.

Stick

Buffalo Bill-

Last week I called my GF unknowingly on her birthday. Whew! Dodged a bullet. But I've found that Thai girls don't make such a big deal about birthday's as western girls.

Ranger-

A story I tell alot is how I got together with my first long term GF in LOS. I had a rental house in Chiangmai and my yank friend was visiting. We always got our girls from the tourist brothels, and he apparently had picked up a real gem for a few days: 19 years old, big round eyes, perfect white skin, big natural breasts for a TG, sweet and polite. She always hid her face (and other assets) in the lineup whenever I came around, so I never picked her. At the time I had noone special, just a procession of quiet, skinny farmgirls.

One evening at the Night Bazaar my friend stopped to talk to a couple of American girls who had just returned from Nepal. These girls were far from attractive, and he only spent five minutes talking to them to get some travel information. Well that was the beginning of a major change in attitude, and when we got back to the house I heard her scream from upstairs "I would rather be with Lucky!"

Eight years later, I broke it off with her. I think she really loved me, but in the Thai way: as a love/support package. She would give it up for me anytime: waking her at 3AM to play hide the sausage, after a fight while she was still crying, etc. She couldn't possibly have been in the mood every single time. But she would never get down and seriously smoke the sausage, even after working on her back for four years. That's right, she started in the Thai scene at age fifteen for 100B a pop and was probably looking for a way out of the business at age ninteen. I always wondered why she took me to her village after knowing her for such a short time. She said she had volunteered to go hunt money for the family and was not pressured to do so.

Please spend a considerable amount of time with these girls BEFORE making any kind of committment, for both your sake.

ranger,

Sometimes a girl will overblow a situation or pick a fight to test you. Perhaps what pasathai suggested would work.

quote:

I have found most times a "don't give a shit" attitude is best. ( or just plain silence,, which is tough with a tg ranting and raving,, but afterall, it takes 2 to argue (( most of the time anway))

Maybe, silence or just nodding the head would do the same. Your GF might just be testing how much you were willing to fight for her.

quote:

BadBing,

She mentioned this is the arguement also, saying that if she didn't love me, then she wouldn't have cared.

Hehe, just wondering. How many days in this month you've stayed in bangkok? tongue.gif" border="0 Your girl is probably way tolerant than most.

Anyhoo, you better bring back a nice trinket or something back from pattaya for her. laugh.gif" border="0 See ya soon and don't let G get too greedy!

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: tyler durden ]

Pasathai:

>( but saying that, she probably will save the memory/incident for later and bring it up when you least expect it)<

Yes! you can never get them to forget some things. Memory like an elephant.

I made the tactical mistake a few weeeks back when we went to her former bar in Nana. One of her friends, sitting on my other side, played peekaboo with me by occasionally in a teasing way pulling her bra open, and exposing one breast (Quite a nice one. I was dr\unk, and when After the third time she pointed at it and said "100 bt?" I laughed and stuffed a note in it.

Nok got pissed off and shoed the girl away from me. I thought it was a joke.

Two weeks alter, in the same bar, she went apeshit at me for that incident. I'd forgotten aboutt it, but she went slowly beserk. Yes, I was a bit stupid. But this late reactuion floored me.

I resolved it by walking out and having a beer ouitside. seemed to wrok, she turned up half an hour later. more or less OK

quote:

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

Ranger,

A piece of advice. Assuming the girl really is sweet on you, I'd suggest that you let her deal with any other girl you need something from. Simply ask her, 'my friend would like that girl's phone number, could you get it for him?' Most likely she'll be more than happy to comply. And gain face because she'll be doing something that makes you happy. Better yet if she can pass it on so that you never see it since that could be suspicious given your history.

BTW. I too have enjoyed your trip reports and hope that your attachment won't stop them from coming.

LC,

Best advice yet, thank you. Don't worry, my trip reports will continue, in fact I had quite an adventure last night in Pattaya that begs to be written up. Give me a few days, I'll just tease by saying it's the first time I have ever taken "sand to the beach" (no, I didn't take the GF) and it's also the first time I ever really enjoyed myself at a beer bar.

Ranger

quote:

Originally posted by Stickman:

Ranger,

This face loss thing is a little overblown at times, especially by some girls. FWIW, you were perhaps A LITTLE, and I stress that - a little, insensitive, but I think your girlfriend's reaction was WAY OVER THE TOP. Perhaps there was somethnig else at play here, such as her palying pwoer games, or something like that. Maybe it was a point made indirectly that she is nto happy about soemthing else in the relationship.

Call me insenstive, but I no longer put up with this sort of shit.

Stick

Stick,

I realized and admitted to right away about being a little insensitive (something I am often guilty of and probably will be again), and I also told her that she made a "mountain out a molehill". Of course, she said "what is a molehill?"-LOL.

I guess I'm an insensitive guy and aren't going to change, so she'll need to learn to live with me the way I am or hit the road. I didn't and wont put up with that shit either.

Ranger

quote:

Originally posted by tyler durden:

ranger,

Hehe, just wondering. How many days in this month you've stayed in bangkok?
tongue.gif" border="0
Your girl is probably way tolerant than most.

Anyhoo, you better bring back a nice trinket or something back from pattaya for her.
laugh.gif" border="0
See ya soon and don't let G get too greedy!

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: tyler durden ]

Tyler,

Bangkok? Where is BKK? Seriously, I took a 8 day Cambo/VN trip and yesterday was my first day in Pattaya. The rest of the time I was in BKK and spent a lot of time with her and only snuck in a couple of discreet ST's. Oh wait, I forgot about the 4 days that she was home in Roi Et and I checked into a hotel, so maybe I haven't been such a good boy afterall.

Not going to bring her back anything from Pattaya as I bought her a nice Xmas gift. A nice gold bracelet to replace the one I got her on her birthday and she lost that day (before anyone says it, I was with her when it was lost and have never seen her more upset).

G get greedy? Well, he only took one girl yesterday, so I am keeping him in check-LOL. See you soon.

Ranger

Archived