Thai's obsession with food?

steffi

No Lazyphill, we built the Empire drinking tea! Reminds me of a Viz readers tips thing... "so the Americans cant find Bin Laden? Well why dont they stop what they are doing, sit down with a nice cup of tea and have a think about where they last seen him. Always works when i cant find my car keys."

Funny you should bring the tatties up.... i got my ex GF bang into mince, mash gravy and mushy peas. She loved it. Strange though, how she always refused black pudding with a full english, considering the crap she used to eat (who in gods name likes chicken tendons and actualy eats the bones in fried ribs?!)

I wonder if any of you guys have ever got your GF's into ferang food, to the extent that she eats mainly ferang and you eat mainly Thai? Anyone?

Call me narrow minded, but i would take egg and chips over a Kai Pad KA Pao any day of the week!

Regarding the whole 'how are you' thing, even if i am having the worst day of my life, I still reply with a 'yeh, I'm great cheers'. Its just a standard greeting with a standard answer. Same thing with the Thais, 'have you eaten yet' is pretty much the same thing. I can call the same mate 5 times in one hour and allways open with 'how you doing', and always get the reply 'yeh im sound'.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there. I love a person who takes a credit for what his people did and you had absolutely nothing to do with it. It's like saying my people invented ...... and I had a part in it. I was simply stating how boring some peoples palates are. And your reply was we did this and that.!!!! wow. and that makes us right. What I want to know is what have you done to contribute, lazyphil? what makes you an authority? You eating boring food is much better than thai taste for more exotic food.? Think about it for a moment. You just think you're better. I know because you think you're better. You use your race to diffend yourself and had nothing to do with it. I have nothing against boring food for that matter boring people but when people write to justify themselves by using what their people have done is .....very questionable. I could always say we put men on the moon but you have not. therefore, I'm always right. get it. eee bahaaaaaaaa.

Guest lazyphil

i'm taking credit for nothing, just a bit of harmless jingoism, relax!........ ::

spitfire.jpg

70th annerversary of the Spitfire today, didn't build, fly or design it, but darn its handsome.....can u spot the vegy fields below?!!....yummy!

i seem to lose my appetite in Thailand.

i love the food as long as the chillies are not included but i just do not feel like eating.

my last trip was for 14 Days and i only started 3 Meals in that period and never finished any of them.

i would have around 5 mouthfuls and that was it,i felt so full up.

i remember my last Morning at the Nana the Girl i was with ordered a fantastic meal at 6am.

it was so tasty but i had to leave 90% of it..........what a waste.

but i do have a blood disorder which seems to surpress my appetite and it really pisses me off.

i get so hungry but just cannot finish a meal.............

for the last 5 Days all i have eaten is Crisps and i cannot manage to finish a packet.

but getting the Girls to eat Falang food is interesting.

i always tried to get them to try my kinda food and it normally went down well.

knew a Girl who loved a full English breakfast and Beef Stew and Dumplings.

also cooked her Spag Bog one Night and she was eating it for breakfast after a few Hours sleep.

Sajan

"but getting the Girls to eat Falang food is interesting."

try ordering refried beans for them once and see the reaction ( mexican food)

some (too many) years ago I took my office staff out for mexican food in Bkk, they had a real hard time with the first taste of refried beans ( it was one of those " you try it, no you try it first" go rounds) after that it was ok/ ( but they did not vote for mexican food on any other outing

Archived