translation help

allatsea2000

hi guys, on my last trip, i kept hearing, the words, maa naa, or to translate it to what it sounded like in english, my naa, or may naa, it was used in reference to my friend who's name for some reason this lady had trouble remembering or pronouncing, so she would call me by my name, and him by the above.

Also, the thai translation to when a girl says can i go with u, or i go with u, how does this translate in thai

thanks guys

see you on the 6th

I don`t wanna nitpick here KS, but if you use the word chan when referring to yourself the obvious choice when referring to your counterpart would be ter.

Otherwise it would be a tad akward especially given the fact that according to the initial post we are talking about . ahem I don`t wanna jump to conclusions here...

maa naa or my naa, hmm, don`t have a clue, unless she would call out for him and say come here = maa na :)

cheers

hua nguu

Actually, I misread the first post as I assumed that the "I" character was a man and KS suggested using Chan. In that case it would be rather obvious to use Ter for you to stay on the same "politeness level".

quote: I have never heard the word ter used outside of pop songs.

Indeed? My wife`s friends - well, mostly the ones who are older than me, all adress me with Ter.

Have you ever witnessed a conversation between teenagers? They would virtually never use another word than that... well... mung of course as well.

cheers

hua nguu

Archived