Yanks hit Pattaya 10 JUNE !!

BuffHello

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The impact of service personnel in Pattaya during Cobra Gold is highly overrated IMO. Most of these guys are on very limited budgets to begin with. I've seen more of these guys doing beer bongs and puking than I've seen with girls. On top of it, they all need to be home early due to their imposed curfew.

The only way I've ever noticed them is when I see the MP's on Walking street and when you walk into a bar where a large contingent has gathered. When that happens, I just move on to another bar.

Just to set the record straight. the June 10 excercise is CARAT, that is differant from the Cobra Gold exercise, which is usually held in early May.. The thai and US, have held CARAT every since, I think 8 years now. It's alot smaller in comparision to Cobra Gold, which in its' beginning was run by the U.S. Marines, now the NAVY is in charge. CARAT, is more security and humanitarin in intent. Cobra Gold is more about, jungle warfare tactics, and joint excerises involving air and sea with other countries. Anyway just my imput. The amount of liberty granted is determined by the Commander in Charge. One year, two years ago, the Commander in charge of CARAT 2003, kept on personel within the base (Sattahip) serving hot dogs and cokes, can you believe that, for liberty....

Chok dee,

HOKS

Archived