Yanks hit Pattaya 10 JUNE !!

BuffHello

Joint Thai-US Naval Exercises announced in Naklua.

At the Green park Resort Hotel in Naklua, the opening ceremony for the FPC Carat Navy Exercises for 2006 took place, presided over by Rear Admiral Surasak, The Commander of the Frigate Squadron 2 from the Royal Thai Navy and Rear Admiral William R Burke, Commander of, Logistics for the Western Pacific, a division of the US Navy?s Pacific Command Division. The annual Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training exercises begin on the 10th June. The eighth CARAT exercise brings 1,400 U.S. soldiers, sailors, Marines and coastguardsmen together with 2,600 Thai counterparts. In addition to in-port and at-sea exercises, the troops will volunteer for community service projects. A signing ceremony took place and the exercise is ready to go. Pattaya can expect a huge influx of navy soldiers from the US at that time.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAMMIT! they will be there with pockets full of cash takeing the best girls right in the middle of my next visit. Nothing against americans I lived in USA most my life, but DAMMIT! 1400 that means 100s each night in pattaya.

I've been there on a couple of occaisons a few years ago when this excercise was on and its not as bad as one might imagine, firstly the guys themselves are no real problem and just enjoy themselves, paradoxically there did seem to be more girls around, I guess there's a temporary influx to meet the demand.

JP

No problemo, guys. I was in Pattaya in the early 90's when Cobra Gold hosted 3/4 times the US squids and jarheads with no perceivable problems. This was when a carrier and support ships were involved. There are more disturbances when drunken hooligans fight each other over football games. And, as the previous poster indicated, more girls will emmigrate to even out the logistics. Enjoy, have sanuk, and buy a young warrior a beer.

The BGs always know when the fleet is in, thanks to the jungle telegraph. Lots of them pull up stakes and head for Pattaya, where they know they can overcharge the horny young guys -- often on their first visit to Thailand.

The Bangkok Post -- under the old regime -- used to carry photos of the beach lined solid with BGs, all waving to the approaching landing craft. The gals would each grab a swabbie or gyrene as soon as the guys set foot on shore, and away they went!

:beer:

Cobra Gold has never really been aproblem, I saw very few guys actually taking girls out, they preferred dancing, chuckle fucking around, slapping eachother and generally making fools of themselves...maybe that is why they joined the Navy? I have always heard sailors didn want to leave the ship, as they hated to leave their ship mates "behind..." :)

The few I talked to said they had been seriously warned about VD/STD/HIV etc...oh well...generally nice guys...and few/no problems

Archived