Losing it.

I am ,Im sure a level headed even tempered bloke,but yesterday I completely lost my rag with a taxi driver who tried to leave me about 4kms from where I wanted to go.

I would usually have just said `mai pen rai` put it down to one of the many experiences just like it in LOS and of course smiled.

Im afaid that after doing this for a long time and not wanting to make a scene(very English)and not showing any anger(very Thai),I think Ive `boliled over`.

Im not an aggresive sort my any means,but I can usually let off some steam in the gym,oil massage(but thats another story) and by having a few beers.

I dont think my usual outlets are working though.

Has anyone else got to this stage,or am I losing it? frown.gif" border="0

Well I have never been a long term resident in LOS

but I think I can relate.

Do remember though that while you are expected

to keep an even keel, you are in no way expected

to allow the locals to walk all over you. It is your right and should be exercised liberally to argue your case in every facet. Never yelling or otherwise carying on but debating your position if by no other means but to tire out your oponent.

This is more challenging given the linguistics barrier.

We all will sooner or later have moments where we lapse into a western way of dealing with things

especially when dealing with types like lower educated individuals who often seem to argue from

no understood point of logic. Perhaps your cab driver had a switch of moods and decided he would rather be somewhere else ?? LOL LOL

laugh.gif" border="0 good luck!

Archived