1500 bht suite at Flipper Lodge soi 8 pattaya

Coss

Coss,

Unless something's changed there's 2 Suite rooms in the Flipper and I've stayed in both over time in recent years. More like a large Studio with separate bedroom and living areas in the same room with a large "console" like piece of furniture separating the 2 areas.

The bath includes a shower and large separate tub, however there's no kitchen of any sort but has a fridge and I always buy one of those electric "hot water" pots for Coffee, Tea, cup-a-noodles, etc. A bit older and run down but clean and halfway decent by Pattaya standards. During off seasons I think I paid like 1100 bht/day (may have gone up now). Staff was excellent and I LOVED the roof top pool - which has a nice bar next to the pool as well. No in room safe, have to rely on lock boxes in lobby. The girls all loved the rooms and many didn't want to leave. :o

I also liked the location, can walk across Beach Rd to catch some rays on the Beach during the day, and at night more than enough action in any direction to make one dizzy and of course pretty easy catching a Baht Bus to hit Walking St, etc. Although its in the middle of everything I found the suite rooms pretty quiet.

One of the 2 suites has a nice ocean / bay view and that's my favorite but its often booked.

On most trips to Pattaya I prefer to stay somewhere equidistant like Sandy Spring on Soi 13 however sometimes I enjoy being right in the middle of all the craziness of Soi 8.

I may have a pic or 2 of the suite rooms, will try to find them, then upload to Nanaplaza and in a day or 2 after being "approved" I should be able to paste them here in a follow on post.

Coss,

Glad to help. Quality is not the best but I found 3 pics anyway of the Flipper Lodge Suite room - only pics pics I had of the room without girls in the photos. :)

Regrettably could not get the "image" tags to work no matter what I did, so will have to click on each link

Here's a pic of the "living area":

http://board.nanaplaza.com/ppost/data/500/239Dsc00390.jpg

Here's a dodgy pic towards the bedroom area. The bed (which isn't shown too well) is a King / Queen size with small nightstands on either end. You can also see that separating console thingy I mentioned and there's only 1 TV which swivels to face either the bedroom or living room:

http://board.nanaplaza.com/ppost/data/500/239Dsc00389.jpg

Here's a pic towards the front:

http://board.nanaplaza.com/ppost/data/500/239Dsc00391.jpg

I have stayed at a few hotels in this area. Everyone should experience the sights and sounds of Soi 8 at least once.

I have found that some of these hotels don't spend enough for upkeep. I stayed at Estiny - close to 2nd Road awhile back. Price was good at 750 bt and this part of hotel was newer. Last trip, price had climbed to 850 (off season) and hotel looked a little worn. Did not stay as Bella Vista - between Soi 7 and Soi 8 was 550 bt. Not much on amenities but decent enough.

Never stayed in a suite. Sounds like a good idea. It does get kinda tight with 4 gals in one single room.

limbo said:

Brownfox,

Only sponsors can post pictures on the board. Donate 10$ or more and next time you can post directly here on the open board.

Room looks nice though for that price.

Limbo,

Thanks, I feared that might be what it was. I am (and have been) a long time sponsor - when my card got re-debited in JAN next day I got an "auto-email" from Nanaplaza saying I was "expired" anyway.

Been working with KS and Jigger to get it corrected and just sent an email to KS about the lost post pic paste ability.

I also thought the room was a great value for the money and it seemed no one knew about it (I had to ask Flipper back then if they even had any suite rooms). Anyway I found those suite rooms to be a hidden away quiet sanctuary in the middle of the Soi 8 bedlam - I had some great times in that bedlam... :o

Archived