Very unusual experience

fatbastard33

quote:

Originally posted by iuytrede:

But it always appalled me that many women in Thailand prostitute themselves even if they do have other choices. Often there is no need for prostitutition.

I know of at least one girl from a relatively wealthy family who works the beer garden.

As a young girl she went on frequent holidays to Europe, went to University, married well, divorced and then decided that hooking in Sukhimvit is what she was trained to do. Just pure laziness along with moral bankruptcy.

I'm sure somewhere along the line someone will prove it was a westerners fault, she must have got corrupted by her frequent visits to Paris, Rome and London.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are fortunately many Thais who would not find it ok what these people are doing.

But it always appalled me that many women in Thailand prostitute themselves even if they do have other choices. Often there is no need for prostitution, it serves as an easy way to afford a lifestyle of consumerism. I know girls who have held jobs with salaries between 10000 and 20000 B but prefer to sell sex. And the stories in the newspapers about (not so poor) students on the game in order to afford the latest fashion certainly describe a morally bankrupt society.

You make the big assumption that selling sex is wrong. Without that assumption there is nothing wrong with choosing the easier route to achieving ones goals. Bribery, corruption, fraud, ... those are easy, but immoral routes to success.

quote:

Originally posted by FarangDang:

You make the big assumption that selling sex is wrong. Without that assumption there is nothing wrong with choosing the easier route to achieving ones goals. Bribery, corruption, fraud, ... those are easy, but immoral routes to success.

And Thai's wonder why the rest of the world assumes that all Thai women are prostitutes???

quote:

Originally posted by iuytrede:

I would agree with this.

There are fortunately many Thais who would not find it ok what these people are doing.

But it always appalled me that many women in Thailand prostitute themselves even if they do have other choices. Often there is no need for prostitution, it serves as an easy way to afford a lifestyle of consumerism. I know girls who have held jobs with salaries between 10000 and 20000 B but prefer to sell sex. And the stories in the newspapers about (not so poor) students on the game in order to afford the latest fashion certainly describe a morally bankrupt society.

BTW I have never seen a BG whose mobile was cheaper than mine.

Here here.

There are more young people - male and females - selling sex for a LUXURIOUS lifestyle rather than for life survival purposes.

I know an Isaan girl. Quite pretty with light skinned. She refused to be a prostitute like her friends and prefered to work as a servant for 3,500 baht a month. She's got a 3 year-old son to raise as well. I'm really admired this kind of girls. Great heart.

But at the same time I understand the girls why they chose this path to support their poor family and their siblings for a better life. I respect their decision. Though there are other paths they could have chosen - limited as it is but still available.

"I was in Bkk in January and hooked up with a freelancer (aged 36 - I aged 51) in the

Thermae and spend 5 nights with her.......... Met her Mama (46)and Papa (42)"

Hmmmmmmmmmm Now this sounds more than a little strange.

Just A thought

Charles

"And the stories in the newspapers about (not so poor) students on the game in order to afford the latest fashion certainly

describe a morally bankrupt society".

Well may be by our western standards. Or is it? May be they just have a different attitude to sex? In fact, Thais do have a different attitude to sex, crack down or not. And the making of money in Thailand will just about excuse any bevaviour, child prositution, drugs the exception......unless you are the police of course.

Just a Thought.

Charles

Originally posted by Charles:

"I was in Bkk in January and hooked up with a freelancer (aged 36 - I aged 51) in the

Thermae and spend 5 nights with her.......... Met her Mama (46)and Papa (42)"

Hmmmmmmmmmm Now this sounds more than a little strange."

Charles, I did explain that they were not her real Mother and Father.

Fatbastard33

quote:

she, her family and Thai society were morally bankrupt.

I would agree with this.

BTW I have never seen a BG whose mobile was cheaper than mine.

There are more young people - male and females - selling sex for a LUXURIOUS lifestyle rather than for life survival purposes.

Luxurious only by third world standards. Thai society as a whole is very superficial, this is not just an attribute of bargirls. Thai middle and upper class are just as guilty of this (if not more so); but they have more options on how to get the money to support their facade.

I know an Isaan girl. Quite pretty with light skinned. She refused to be a prostitute like her friends and prefered to work as a servant for 3,500 baht a month. She's got a 3 year-old son to raise as well. I'm really admired this kind of girls. Great heart.

Living an ascetic lifestyle is no longer considered a virtue by many (including me). There are many, many valid reasons why one would choose not to be a bargirl. But "because it's wrong" is not one of them. This woman you mentioned may deserve respect for being a good mother (I'll take your word for that), but an honest bargirl needn't feel ashamed in her presence.

Archived