Ho Chi Minh City -Hotels &

Going to spend 5 days in Ho Chi Minh City(or as the locals say, Saigon) in May. Any medium priced hotels in the entertainment district anyone can recommend.?Metropole(spelling?) looks good on the net but looks can be deceiving. And for a more important question, " any recommendations for massage places and what my anticipated costs should be";are hotl massage legit or? thanks for any info

• 3 weeks later...

Hotel Lan Lan 2

District 1

46 Thu Khoa Huan Street

Tel. 84.8.8227926

www.lanlanhhotel@hcm.vnn.vn

Price: US $18.00 per night.

New, clean, modern, free breakfast.

Walking distance to City Hall and open air market.

REX Hotel

District 1

141 Nguyen Hue, Quan 1

Tel. 84.8.829.2185

Price: US $85.00 per night. Free breakfast. Free internet.

Classic older hotel in heart of city.

Next to City Hall and Park.

Girls/Ladies:

Just a wink and a nod !

There are bars, not the same out door types in BKK / pattaya. Cost $60US for ST. These are located near the rex hotel. Girls do not stand out side and no loud music. If you see a bar with a number for names then it is most likely a girly bar. Just go inside and will be swamped. Drinks over priced at $5US for a beer or spirit. But no hassle to buy the girls drinks. Bars shut 1PM.

Enjoy.

I guess the definition of "medium priced" is relative, but I personally wouldn't look past the Sheraton...lots of "action" close by, great rooms/ammenities/service, awesome rooftop bar and club(with some very tasty freelancers, probably the best girls on the game in town), best chinese restaurant i have ever dined at.

I have been to Ho Chi Minh City 3 times in the past 3 years. The last twice I have stayed at the Continental, about $60 per night for double room, including good breakfast. A very good hotel and fairly central for shops and bars. The hotel has a massage parlour, which I think is operated independently. Massage is $9 per hour before 5.00 p.m. and $11 after. Massage is in a small private room. No clothes worn. Massage is similar to Thai massage, but lotion is used. The girls will walk on your back and generally stretch you. All girls will offer handjob, but not full sex. If they think you are unfamiliar with rates, they will ask about $50, but you can get it down to $10-20. The girl has to rely on your honesty, as all your clothes and money are in a locker in a separate area. Last month, I stayed there with my Thai girlfriend, so was not really interested in extras. This did not stop the girl trying it on as soon as I was on my back. Despite saying I wasn't interested, she continued to oil me up and so I just laid back and let it happen, with no fee being agreed. I gave her a tip, but not the $50 she had hoped for.

In general, you can expect a handjob at most massage parlours. It might not be offered at beauty salons. With regard to full sex, this can be difficult, as good quality hotels will not allow you to take girls back to your room. However, if you go to one of the bars, with dark windows, you can normally arrange to take a girl to a small hotel, known to the bar. Transport is arranged to the hotel, separately, by motorbike taxi, and you are returned to the bar afterwards. From memory, room hire is about $20 for 2 hours, plus cost of taxis and tip for the girl. There was no bar fine, but you were expected to buy a few drinks for the girl before leaving. All these costs add up, so another possibility is to speak to one of the cyclo drivers (bicycle taxis), who will follow you around if you walk the streets. They know everywhere and if you explain what you want, they will take you direct to somewhere and bring you back, but you will have to pay them commission.

If you want to loosen up with a few drinks beforehand, the Blue Gecko is a good bar with music and 5-6 televisions showing different sports, such as English football, rugby, cricket and Aussie Rules football, as the bar is Australian oriented. It is also a hang-out for some of the expats, who might be able to give you first-hand information on where to go to find girls. Also worth a visit is the disco Apocalypse Now. It gets very crowded at weekends, but not before 11.00 p.m. Hope this helps.

Bobdim

• 1 month later...

I've just returned from HCMC and stayed in a hotel just recently opened. SAO HOTEL is a great little boutique hotel which is nicely finished. The room I had was $30 US a night including breakfast. It had no window but I guess that was the reason it was cheaper than standard room. One very important note is that it is not guest friendly but is right next door to a massage house and has three bars within 100 feet. I figure they would turn a blind eye for the right "dong".

www.starhotel.com.vn

Archived