Reasons for/against Marrying Thai non-BGs

quote:

Originally posted by NutGirl:

If you guys think ....bit piss me off....Hmmmm... maybe too good for you...
shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

Yikes!!!, there's another reason, are they all that cranky???

ps. Nut Girl just joking, what you doing in a place like this anyway??

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May be I got you wrong. But honesty and integry have nothing to do with class or money. Often poor people are more honest and integer then high class people. Just have look at the infamous Chalerms or Mr. T.

You got me half-wrong. When you have less money the temptations are greater, so dishonesty is more likely and once you start it gets easier and easier.

You can certainly find millions of examples of honest poor people and quite a number of dishonest wealthy people. I'm talking about the averages and probabilities.

I can understand religious and cultural differenes causing marital problems. I cannot understand how one can associate honesty and integrity with an ethnic group.

In general, we're not talking about a genetic disposition towards dishonesty. But it is quite conceivable that a culture (a community, a city, a country) can have a different level of honesty and integrity than another.

To Flyonzewall, NutGirl, et al:

I apologize for what I said. It is improper, if not dangerous to make such sweeping generalizations about any group of people.

As for critical thinking and reasoning - follow GTG in the thread "sad scene". That pretty much speaks for itself. She's giving everyone participating a run for the money.

[ February 16, 2002: Message edited by: utah2001 ]

quote:

Originally posted by KhunCoCo:

what you doing in a place like this anyway??

My boyfriend he love this board. He always tell me to read this read that. Some posts made me felt itchy and wanna speak for Thai women, that why laugh.gif" border="0

Isn't it funny. Some subject seem to return over and over again. Even I do believe that the BG are lying a lot, but for nececcity and not because a general assessment I take any bet 8:2 (I pay 8 beers when I loose you 2 when I win)that the falangs lying at least as much while at the bars.

Of course I cannot win this bet whithout you beeing honest.

Cheers

PS: I would pay my lost bet or vise versa Sunday the 10th of March at Woodstock or any day later the week.

quote:

Originally posted by NutGirl:

My boyfriend he love this board. He always tell me to read this read that. Some posts made me felt itchy and wanna speak for Thai women, that why
laugh.gif" border="0

Hi Nut Girl, lets assume you are a bona fide Regular Thai Lady and not a bearded ex-con sitting naked at his sweaty computer.

From your experience, as you have a Farang boyfriend I think, where are the problem areas in your relationship? I'm talking about the problems that arise from your different backgounds and not libido mismathes or the likes.

Also if you would like to expand a little on your itch I can help you in the Diagnosis.

[ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: KhunCoCo ]

quote:

Hi Nut Girl, lets assume you are a bona fide Regular Thai Lady and not a bearded ex-con sitting naked at his sweaty computer.

I am not sure if I would be willing to make that assumption...

Although unlikely to occur and probably impossible to confirm, a response from a genuine Thai girl, particularly one in the nitery field, would make interesting reading.

The "honesty" and "integrity" issues are sensitive issues here, but they are based on legitimate concerns. IMHO, the emphasis that Thai culture places on harmony and avoiding conflict does not mesh well with unabashed candor. The type of direct and candid discussion that is valued (sometimes, but not always) in the 'West', is often considered impolite here. It is better to be polite than right.

To look at it from a more global perspective, take a look at Transparency International's corruption index Transparency International Web Page for the year 2001. Thailand and Malawi are tied for 61st place, after countries such as Ghana, China and Columbia.

This did not happen by accident.

Archived