Reasons for/against Marrying Thai non-BGs

shocked.gif" border="0 The way I see it is that some farangs have a tendency to tell Bg's that they love them and want to marry them when all they really want is to bed them . Honesty starts at home ! I have always tried to practice honesty in these situations by telling the girl of the day that I'm not in love with her but I'm very attracted to her and would like to pay for some recreation only if she wants to join me ? Some guys seem to be afraid to be honest in fear of losing the girl of the moment . I only wish I could speak thai better then I wouldn't have to guess so much whether it's a lie I'm hearing or just some communication problem ? crazy.gif" border="0 . Monroe

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I think marriage is a difficult arrangement period. Throw in different ages, cultures, upbringing,education etc. and it is even more challenging. Having said this, I would say, that I wouldn't rule out marrying again....and I say again with great trepidation-I really don't think it is what I want, butttt you never know. I learned a great deal about myself in my 14 years of marriage and I think its wise to understand what part I played in its dissolution, don't need to repeat the same mistakes....or was there just inevitable growing/changing on both our parts???? I know that friends who have failed with Thai marriages have poor history with farang marriages as well and it seems they have the same problems with the thai, hmmmmm, I also wonder about the taking your bride out of her home country vs. you coming to thailand-both my friends brought them to farang land, maybe this lack of family/friends made it more difficult???? I really don't agree that thai's have less integrity than others but what's important and how its communicated may be different, and frankly I enjoy that, most of the time. So, and finally, good luck to you all in your Marrying-choose careful, take your time, open, honest, two way communication and I think Thai or Farang you have same odds-none too good laugh.gif" border="0 ,

Archived