Reasons for/against Marrying Thai non-BGs

The reason for not Marrying a BG are well known even if ignored.

But what about reasons for not Marrying a regular Thai Girl? does it outweigh the benefits? One reason I've heard given is the lack of value they have in Honesty, they're more honest than me so I can't use that one myself. One possible reason I'd have is that it's her Family you would end up Marrying, that's more cultural than personality though.

What about YOU! ---->

[ February 15, 2002: Message edited by: KhunCoCo ]

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The average middle and upper class TG does not have less honesty and integrity than her foreign counterpart. Those mean slightly different things to her than to you, but once you understand that you can accept it.

Lower class girls and BGs are more dishonest because of the circumstances of their lives; e.g. not having any money and being forced to live/work with shady characters. But they are not more dishonest than poor people in farangland.

quote:

Originally posted by FarangDang:

The average middle and upper class TG does not have less honesty and integrity than her foreign counterpart. Those mean slightly different things to her than to you, but once you understand that you can accept it.

Lower class girls and BGs are more dishonest because of the circumstances of their lives; e.g. not having any money and being forced to live/work with shady characters. But they are not more dishonest than poor people in farangland.

May be I got you wrong. But honesty and integry have nothing to do with class or money. Often poor people are more honest and integer then high class people. Just have look at the infamous Chalerms or Mr. T.

I always admired the critical thinking and reasoning skills of Thai girls, especially the ones I know better. But maybe this is the reason why I know them better.

BTW I just read the article that WildAlaska posted about "Europe and US" - isn't this article a nice example of critical thinking and reasoning skills?

Thai girls do much better than this.

I have been extremely fortunate to have met a wonderful Thai girl. We've been involved for 2 and half years now. I trust her completely. On a number of occasions she has shown selfless devotion and commitment. Example: when I had tremendous money problems because of a property deal that went horribly wrong, she handled all the discussions. When the situation got even worse (3 corrupt lawyers in a row!) she used all her own money to try help out, as my family couldn't help me. She even went to the bank to arrange a loan for me. Her parents had to sign a document, with some of their land as collateral. This they did.

On many other occasion she has proven herself to be devoted, loyal, trustworthy. Would I marry her? For sure.

If you guys think the problems are cultural and religious I am admit! But please don't say we are dishonest and lack of skills as it bullshit!

Looking out of bar scene then you will see! A bit piss me off when I read some reply. We are worth enough for you.

Hmmmm... maybe too good for you to married us! shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

I can understand religious and cultural differenes causing marital problems. I cannot understand how one can associate honesty and integrity with an ethnic group.

Here is a thought, maybe relationship problems aren't caused by Thai women (BG or non-BG) but instead they stem from the men who traverse the world seeking the companionship of Thai women. Hmmmmm....!?

Archived