Farting Chair Suit

The_Munchmaster

Another example of rediculous US type lawsuits in the UK.

'A British teacher who says a noisy chair made classroom life a misery is suing her former employer for $2.6 million for unfair dismissal. Sue Storer, 48, told an unemployment tribunal that she was subjected to sexist and bullying behaviour while working as deputy head teacher at Bedminster Down Secondary School in Bristol, southwest England. Storer said the school failed to replace her chair, which made a "farting" noise whenever anyone sat on it, although other staff received new chairs. She said the chair was a source of embarrassment, especially at parent-teacher evenings. "I had a nervous breakdown because of the ordeal I went through. It's just not fair that people can treat you like that", said Storer, who resigned in September. She said she would never teach again.'

What a nonsense lawsuit!

PS. Before anyone points it out I did notice that the story is slightly contradictory, as at the beginning it says she is suing for unfair dismissal and at the end it says she resigned in September?

• 3 weeks later...

a silly case to bring.

when i first read about it my first immediate thought was why didn't she just pick up another chair and use it?.

not only was she earning a good wage.......much higher then me for doing what i would imagine is more of an adminastrive job then hands-on but also expected her Employers to pay for her own personal chair............ :banghead:

she should get a life and i'm glad the silly cow lost the case....... :applause:

but a sign of the times,the UK has started to follow the American trend of moronic litagation.

remember the case of the US Woman who sued McD's (i think) because when she spilt her coffee she was horrified to discover it hot when she got burnt..........

i suppose she would have asked for more money if the coffee had been cold.......... :censored:

Archived