apartment for 6 months in Pattaya

samak

a befriended couple would like to rent a nice apartment for around 6 months in greater Pattaya area (Jomtien, Banglamung, Nakluea, not really in the nightlife area). Furnitured, livingroom and sleeping room, 7000-12000 THB per month.

any sources or advises?

they came up with www.fairproperties.com which has a lot of apartments advertised. what is the deal with this company? do they have to pay a comission or do they have a mark up on the prices? strange that they do not have a telephone number on their website.

in addition they would like to rent a small car for 6 months; any reliable rental car companies with low prices for longer rental?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I think they must pay at least the double to find a nice apartment not too far away from the beach. Now they start to build more and more condos between Sukhumvit Rd and 3rd Rd (and also from Jomtien to Sattahip) and that's far away from everything and you need a car or motorbike.

Jomtien - remember there's a lot of gays stay there, some hotels and apartments are totally dominated by them, have a limited nightlife for others too

Naklua - a lot of german expats stay there and there're beerbars also

You can find some more links here

elef

Here are some apartments even if they're in Pattaya, a friend and his GF usually stay in Leelawadee Lagoon Resort & Service Apartment for 25,000 baht. Close to Big C in North Pattaya but not in a nightlife area and with a very nice swimmingpool.

The budget they have is low for a decent appartment close to the beach although I have found THIS ONE considering the location the price looks cheap, I don't know if the place has a lot of gays in residence. I have stayed in the Jomptien area a few times without any problems. From personal experience, it's worth noting, most of the estate agents web sites are hopelessly out of date and only serve as a guide to price, the properties on them have usually been let months ago.

They want 2 rooms, so we're talking 3,500 to 6,000 per room which is unrealistic for a "nice" or even not so nice apartment in greater Pattaya. In addition they'll have to pay for water and electricity which could run 2,000-3000 baht per month depending on how much they use the air conditioners. (Many buildings charge 6-7 baht per unit for electricity.)

Estate agents usually charge the owner a fee for renting the property. It's not likely most agents are going to have much of anything in this lower end of the market as there just isn't enough in it for them. What these folks might want to do is have a drive around Pattaya's back roads, especially those that are not on the baht bus routes and look for newer buildings that appear suitable and inquire re availability. Many of these will be geared toward the Thai market and will probably not have 2 room units, just the usual 30-40 sq.m. studio apts.

Something like this would be great, except it's priced at twice their budget :(

Diamond City Place

-redwood

I'll be staying in Pattaya for a few months shortly and am looking for an apartment with adsl internet connection. Price is not really a major issue but I'm looking for best value. I'm currently thinking of View Talay in Jomtien. Is this a gay haunt? I wouldn't be worried about a few gays but I might think twice if was full of them. I'd also prefer somewhere closer to the main Pattaya area. I know of Sunshine Vista Serviced Apartments but that doesn't seem like good value. Any ideas?

View Talay 2 building B is the nicer place, there's plenty of hetro couples/singles staying there, there's good facilities in the building, a great swimming pool and the lowest monthly maintanance fees I've come across in a decent complex. Shame about the location, it's a bit far out to walk to town, taxis are regular though 24/7

Don't worry too much about the gays, they're around Pattayaland in Pattaya and some bars, hotels and condos in Jomtien. If you want to find out where use the link I posted further up to Pattaya Expats Club, where you find links to gay sites. In Jomtien you also find farang families on packages tours, thai tourists and thais with condos and houses (many of those just stay over weekends and else live in Bangkok).

View Talay isn't really in Jomtien, better described as on the hill half way between Jomtien and Pattaya.

Archived