Crusade has gone too far, says PM

Wait...I forgot. It's 11:00 a.m. Sunday morning in BKK. Nobody is up yet! laugh.gif" border="0 Don't know a whole lot about the politics there, but sounds like pretty major news to me, especialy important to me, since I will be there this Friday. cool.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by HIGH THAIED:

Can't believe there are no comments on this yet???
crazy.gif" border="0

I just saw several posts about this in the Why the Clampdown will Go on Thread. We are one hour ahead of Bangkok here in Hong Kong and it is still morning here so I suspect you will see more posts throughout the day.

In the clampdown thread someone said the real test will be what actually happens in Bangkok. I will be curious to hear from members resident in Thailand.

Sorry about posting this. I did a thourough search for any comments to this before posting, but seems either my computer, or site, is showing me that I've already read posts, when I haven't. I tried to delete this topic, but only seems a higher authority may do so. Sorry again!

The Thais are getting p*ssed of by it. Friday night was a pay day, and the cops were out closing restaurants and forcing vendors off the streets. Really a way to win votes!

Apparently, the law does say 1 AM is the closing hour. But it hasn't been enforced in a decade or more. (I wonder if Pibun's 1940s law requiring everyone to wear hats has ever been rescinded.)

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: Flashermac ]

Smoke and mirrors:-

"Mr Thaksin said he would get everyone involved to gather opinions. He wanted to study the pros and cons after his chief adviser Sanoh Thienthong attacked early closing times on Friday."

More smoke and mirrors:-

"but said an academic study would be suitable."

Time to execute the plan:-

"Tens of thousands of night workers and operators are expected to show up at Rama IX Cafe after work."

I wonder how long he will last:-

"Police are the first to be watched because they have long been on the take," said one operator.

Amazing Thailand:-

"There are all sorts of crimes in Pattaya. We have the mafia, drugs, sex and diseases. It's time for order," said Surat Mekawarakul, chairman of the Pattaya tourism association.

The plan:-

"In Bangkok, where six sites have been proposed for zoning, land prices in those spots have tripled."

Thaksin is playing politics. He has his "boy" (waiter) Purachai all set up to take the fall depending on how public pressure plays out.

So, maybe there is some room for optimism, but still there were plenty of qualifying statements in that article. Thaksin will do what keeps him in office, and it remains to be seen which road will be the best one for him.

froggo

I told it some weeks before and i writing it again.

Im shure that the old closing time will be back in the near future and at the begin of the High-season (2.a.m./3.a.m) again.

After the forthcoming meeting, Godfather Mr. Snoh will looking for it, guaranteed. He don't want his business cracking down. He is the shadow behind Mr. Niceguy or better to say he is the shadow behind the rich puppet from the North.

tongue.gif" border="0

Archived