How Wet is Soi Cowboy During Songkran?

Kite_Flyer

Songkran 2003, I got out of a cab on the corner of Suk and Asok, around 8.00 pm, wanted to walk through asok plaza (barbeers) to SC. Copped a full large bucket of water over my head , totally drenched. Fortunately, I wear very light clothing, an hour sitting outside a bar at SC dried me. My cellphone was condom wrapped. After that, SC was mainly dry. The odd glass of water poured down the back of my shirt doesn't really count.

I woke up at five a.m. , between three women, one a mature regular of mine from XXX bar, the other two retired Bgs she brought along for the party. can't remember their names or faces, they were upper 30's, but great fun. The only concrete memory I have is two close up pix of their most revered organs. After that, my battery went flat. (camera and other).

The only younger member of the party, a slightly overweight 19 yr old niece, who everyone tactfully called Chang (elephant), was sent home after our barcrawl. She'd never seen a gogo before, and aunty thought it would be better to not invite her along to my hotel (she knew me so well.)

At 5.30, we vacated my appartment, I was flying 'home' after 4 months BKK. last memory was the "Girls' carting all my worldly (BKK) belongings past reception into a cab, standfan, blankets, stereo, crockery, bottles etc. Then I hopped into the other cab to th eairport.

i never saw my mature friend again, she either retired herself, or went back to HK to an old Chinese sponsor as Mia NOi. But i have sweet memories of her, she was wise.

I love songkran and make it a point not to miss it every year. The moment I step off the plane , I'm ready to get wet!

For those going to Pattaya , it goes on till the 18th 6pm and starts again 6hrs later at midnite for another 18hrs coz Songkran in Pattaya is on 19th. Sooooooooooooo be warned...........! i've seen people get soaked with ice water at 3am in the morning!

keith doug said:

CALL ME BOARING ,, BUT I HATE SONGRAN! dont see any fun in getting soaked,,, thats why i avoid los right now !! emmmm>>>>

I'm with you here and have posted my feelings before. Having said that I think everyone has to experience songkran at least once.

The Thais are pretty good about it, if you are walking around and one of them tries to putty your face or hose you, a little "mai ow" usually does the trick and they will back off with a smile.

As for the Farangs......they are the fuckers to avoid, especially pissed up british yobbos!!

I've done Songkran once, never again... :shakehead

Incidentally, 68 road-deaths so far (as of last saturday) !!! :(

My Mrs is from Chiang Mai and tells me folks up there in the villages may start a week early -- and keep it up a week or more AFTER Songkran. :(

It is a northern celebration -- or at least used to be a celebration, before turning into mass hysteria. Apparently it wasn't even known in Bangkok until maybe around the 1920s. Didn't spread to southern Thailand until maybe the 1970s or later. Now Malaysians come up to Hatyai to "have fun".

Archived