Fudgy does Asia. Quickly.

fudgyMcPacker

Shucks and I stayed at that Shangri La last year and never realized they had such a club scene going on :banghead: Too busy doing the "respectable" tourist thing for the 2 nights I was there. I will say that there were some beautifuk women working on the hotel staff.

Guess I must have that innocent look ::. I speak very little Bahasa which instantly paints me as someone from out of town so that may go some way to explaining the situation.

I had one girl try to justify it me one night by explaining that it was expensive to get into BATS (70,000 rupiah) and that drinks were expensive there. For a moment I contemplated trying to explain the basics of supply and demand but then I came to my senses, ordered another beer and started looking for another girl.

200-250K is much more to my liking. I'll have to get out and try some of the bars in Blok M and other venues next time I'm in Jakarta.

• 2 months later...
fudgyMcPacker said:......., so I catch a taxi to the Pasa Raya mall, or something like that ........ Back to my hotel, one more quick run through the mall, but nothing. I go to bed alone. And early.......

Unlucky mate, the Pasa Raya Mall is in Block M and is literally a couple of hundred yards away from the street with all the main bars.

Archived