After Hours

VisitUSA

I was wondering if any one of you would have information about after hours places.

A few month ago, there was that place on Sukhumvit, Soi 1, on the roof of a building, but when I came back, a couple of months later, the place was closed (I think the name of the place was Josephine).

Besides this type of bars, what kind of places are open after 2:00 AM ?

Hmmm, I think there are those who may know of such places but might be a little cautious to reveal them in such a public forum.

Maybe ask your girl for the evening (if that's your thing) if she if she can suggest anywhere. You could always visit another night minus her when you are a little more in the know.

Cheers,

SD.

Ther's the rooftop venue Sin on Soi 4.

just round the corner from the 7-11, down Soi 4 from NEP a short distance.

The second floor of Old Dutch on Soi Cowboy as well as the second floor of the short time hotel also on Soi Cowboy, though that name escapes me for the moment, mate.

Sin has been a thing of the past for a while now. Penny Black on SC is a good bet, but you'll see the same faces every time. There's other underground places around the city, but they change often. Ask around. IME girls from the big massage places (ie ratchada) and the GC's are usually more in the know about after hour places than bargirls from Nana or SC.

About a month back, BK Magazine published a "best in Bangkok" list, which included what they considered to be the best afterhours club. The not only named the place, but gave its address. BK Magazine is a free magazine that is available just about everywhere in Bangkok so this sort of information is not exactly top secret.

Having said that, afterhours places close and open rapidly. I don't think it has anything to do with diligent police officers enforcing the law once they learn of an infraction. It is the more the result of an impractical law that is impossible to enforce in practice. These type of laws permit, even encourage, selective enforcement, and laws that allow this sort of slective enforcement fuel corruption. It is a classic example of the law of unintended consequences. So was the Prohibition in the US.

This selective enforcement of the law - masquerading as law enforcement - undermines and mocks the rule of law in Thailand. Although they may be enacted with the best of intentions, these sorts of laws perniciously undermine the rule of law in Thailand.

Yeah. Really, the best bet is to ask the BG you are with where she would go to party after work. The venues open and close regularly and the sanuk factor changes often too for those that are open.

Gaddie said: ...selective enforcement of the law - masquerading as law enforcement - undermines and mocks the rule of law in Thailand. Although they may be enacted with the best of intentions, these sorts of laws perniciously undermine the rule of law in Thailand.

Of course, that's the rub innit? If the laws were enforced here as in the West, it would be much less interesting and fun to live here!

Cheers,

SD

Archived