Stupid English FA, going for another foreigner

torrenova

It seems that as soon as we get rick of the lying Swede, the daft twats at Lancaster Gate are going to appoint Luiz Felipe Scolari as the new manager.

Get an English manager to manager the national team for fucks sake. The people deserve it and should damn well demand it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not taking the piss as you all say but would that exclude any Irish, Scottish or Welshmen as well?

Would you guys exclude Fergie, Wenger, Rafa or Mourinho? Not taking the piss but just curious. I wanted Klinnsman since he was living here and made his home here and has far more international experience than our own Bruce Arena.

I read it was our vice Chairman David Dein that is behind Scolari's recruitment. It was going to McClaren till he talked the FA into looking at Scolari.

sayjann said:

and he doesn't speak English...........

that'll help him in his job...........

Half of your 'own' English players in the Uk can't speak proper English and need subtitles for a non native UK speaker anyways, so what's the difference.

I thionk it's a good move, a good coach and he can add something to your team, rather than kick a ball forward and hope it falls into one of our players feet. :neener::beer:

Some coaches who aren't native can definately add something to a team, easy sample is Guus Hiddink, what he did with South Korea and the Ozzies sofar.

i never said it was a good or bad appointment,i have an open mind.

i would have preferred an Englishman but where are they?.

look at the Premiership,the Highest placed English Manager is Roeder and he doesn't have the Coaching Badges required.

Managers are encouraged to take the Ciurses but they must think what's the point if they have no chance of getting the top job.

but the chance of getting the job has come too early i think for all of them and are any of them really worthy of the job?.

but on the other hand does success at Club level really matter?.

the Manager gets his Players together a few times a Year and there's not a lot he can do to improve them.

he will pick the tactics and Team but once the Players are on the pitch then he is kinda helpless for a while.

People point out that the Englishmen fancied for the Job haven't done a lot with their Clubs.

this is true but they are at small Clubs and i wonder what they could do with the England Squad?.

i think they would relish the job of working with the kinda Players involved.

i have no experience but i could coach the England Team and put out a Team which i think would be similar to many other People's and i think they would perform.

i do have a slight favouring towards McClaren.

well known that he was instrumental in MU winning the Treble and after moving to Boro he has done a fairly good job at a small Club.

not the best Team in the World by far but he did manage them to their 1st Domestic Trophy and has now got them into the UEFA Cup Final.

if Scolari does the job for 4 Years then i think the Englishmen mentioned this time will be in a stronger position next time around.

but i think the FA won't pick any of them if they are not at a 'big' Club and have not won many Trophies..........

EDIT.

just seen the latest news that Big Phil is demanding 5 Million a Year,more than what Sven gets.

steady on Fella,seems to me you're living on past glories.

yes he has a good record with other Teams but i don't think he should just walk into the job and dictate terms.

if he is that confidant then why not accept a Contract which may be low but has big bonuses for achieving something?.

anyway, a World Championship in Football is in my opinion in the year 2006 more as questionable.

This is something from the past, completely uninteresting!

All talks about globalisation, here in Europe is the horrible EU and what

is doing the FIFA? They made a country competition with teams full of

players who wearing national shirts but are not able to speak the language

of their national team. Laughable.

:tophat:

Archived