Stupid English FA, going for another foreigner

torrenova

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well back in north Philly, you still gotta be from North Philly to walk through most neighborhoods...hehehehe

I don't have a horse in this race but being a yank you know I'll ALWAYS have an opinion and you'll always get it whether you request it or not...hahaha...

I am not put off by the idea of an englishman for the england job. From what I can tell though, an english manager is somewhat restricted. If he upsets the status quo or apple cart he has to fear that he may not get managing job with a club. I think any english manager that gets the job has to show he can't care less what the back pages are saying about him and can't play icons just because they are icons. Not saying that Becks or Owen doesn't deserve a place, but the feeling I get is that any manager is compelled to play them no matter what their form. I don't know of an englsih manager who would dare bench Rooney. Rooney is in fine form and should start, but he is reaching icon status and can't be benched no matter what.

I've not been around nearly as long as you all but has past managers been compelled to play certain players no matter what?

torrenova said: Get an English manager to manager the national team for fucks sake. The people deserve it and should damn well demand it.

Fair enough, but then the "people" should accept the abilities of the manager they will then get, coz look at the options. You can understand them wanting a manager who has proven his abilities and won a World Cup. What have Allardyce, Curbishley, McClaren, et al, ever done except achieve mid table mediocrity?

I like Gareth Southgates opinion on the situation:

"My heart tells me it should be an Englishman but if you ask me who I think would be the best, I would have Arsene Wenger.

"He would be absolutely brilliant and I would love to see England play the way Arsenal do. That would be the ultimate."

Although I would never like to see it happen.

the difference is that when he was at WH the rules that now apply did not apply.

Managers have to have taken the courses and get a licence to do their job.

Roeder will not be allowed to manage Newcastle next Season because he does not have the required qualifications.

it was only because Newcastle changed their Manager halfway through the Season that the FA gave Roeder special dispensation to be in charge at Newcastle.

limbo said:

Yeah,

How long ago is that now Teddy? :neener::chili: :chili:

Don't know exactly which trophy you are talkng about but as the CL trophy is so topical these days with Arsenal destined to become runners up 2005-2006 here go's:

1976-77 1977-78 1980-81 1983-84 2004-05, that's a grand total of 5 which is 3 better than our nearest PL rivals, 5 more than Chelsea and 5 more than Arsenal.

:neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:

Archived