Beer Lao

Ashman

Hi Chris,

I'm surprised that you can sell a small bottle of your beer for 65 baht. 10 days ago I bought a box of the big Chang for 316 baht or for a big bottle 26.33 baht. I guess you can sell directly to bars and restaurants but else the demand must be limited.

:beer:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elef said:

Hi Chris,

I'm surprised that you can sell a small bottle of your beer for 65 baht. 10 days ago I bought a box of the big Chang for 316 baht or for a big bottle 26.33 baht. I guess you can sell directly to bars and restaurants but else the demand must be limited.

:beer:

Hi,

Chang is a local beer... Beer Lao is imported, hence the import duties, customs and transportation costs.

We ARE a restaurant and we are selling it at 65 Baht per bottle to our customers who, up to now, have made no complaints regarding the price.

Maybe you can get it cheaper in the bars mentioned in Cowboy.... We do sell local beers at cheaper prices of course... other places around here are selling Beer Lao at 90 Baht...so I thought the 65baht tag was not overly expensive...less than one pound!!!

Cheers

Chris

Oh My Cod !

Finally got my hands on a few bottles. Stuff is pretty good! Having a bottle right now in fact. :drunk:

90 baht for a large bottle at current exchange rates! 4.9% alcohol content here in the states. Is the a/c the same over there? Curious if they water down the imported version.

90 Baht??

I swap my empty crate of twelve large bottles here for a full one, for 67000 Kip, about seven dollars US!

The local stuff is 5%, I suppose the 4.9 % has to do with tarriffs or import regulations.

Steer clear of the cans, I found they taste worse.

Archived