Beer Lao

Ashman

65 baht a bottle for a *large* bottle, I hope...? haha, I'll still go to vientiane for it, where it's 7000-8000 kip (30 baht?) a large bottle if you get it in a lao joint...though even at the relatively high-priced sunset places by the river it's around 10,000, which is only about 40 baht...

preahko

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone try the Heinekin Light. Being marketed here. Amstel Light, I guess is a failure. So Heinekin is marketing the Light in the same green bottle. The label is slightly different as they can't put all those beer awards from the 1800's on the label as the beer was not around in the 1800's.

On my next trip, I will travel to Vietiane, and obtain the exclusive North American rights for importation and distribution of Beer Lao.

preahko said:

65 baht a bottle for a *large* bottle, I hope...?

preahko

Hi,

Just seen this thread and thought i would clarify - Yes, we are selling Beer Lao at 65 Baht per bottle (sorry, thats for a small not large as there are import duties, shipping costs and distributor mark ups to add on)..Still not too bad a deal for those who can't get up to Laos as often as they want ( that includes me!)

Cheers

Chris

Oh My Cod!

liquidflux said:

Someone told me they sell beer lao at the 99 ranch asian supermarkets around here. Went to look and it was a no go. I've still yet to taste this mythical beer.

PM me with your location, if in the Bay area, I can direct you to it...never saw it wat Ranch 99, but the Lao markets have it...

Speaking of Beer Lao, I noticed the other day that it is at Tony's on Cowboy and was told that it is at Gob's other place (Bangkockney) on Soi 6 too.

Now I am not the superfan of that stuff as some of you guys are, but it is always good to have another choice.

Nope, I didn't note a price. I was on Black-so that night.

:beer:

Cheers,

SD

Archived