Beijing fun

Hi guys, I'll be going to Beijing in September. Can anyone tell me if there's any action there. I see some of the hotels offer massage, can I assume they will do more than massage for money? Thanks

China can be tricky. Go to the disco in the basement of the Great Wall Sheraton (86-10-6590-5566). The disco admission fee is something like US$15 !!! But, there are some world class hookers in there. Some ask for $300. I could only afford to look. And, I mean, they are FINE. Then, I walked to the corner, and crossed the street (across from the Kempinski Hotel at Luftansa Center), and went into the tiny shitty alleys behind the row of restaurants. There are some "hair salons" and massage parlors back in there. They are cheap and interesting, but not anything to brag about. $35 for hand treatment or something. By the way, that row of restaurants is great. I ate there most of the time. Yum. Please post a trip report. smile.gif" border="0

PS--Be careful in the discos. Bitches will demand money for having simply talked with you. BS! mad.gif" border="0

Give Beijing a miss for sanuking, and get yourself down to Tianjin for a weekend, only 90 minutes away by train.

Most of the girls here are quite happy to spend the night with you for the price of a couple of drinks, the ones who do ask for money are only asking for 100RMB (about US$10)

Xai Jing

• 2 weeks later...

PJ Beans or something like that at the China World (Shangri La) is good. At the bar the girls sit there, looking for company. They ask about 100 usd and how long depends what hotel you stay in. If the China World they have to be in and out again by 11pm strict security.

Traders which is a short walk away and part of Shangri La chain is more guest friendly.

quote:

Originally posted by Tom 8383:

Hi guys, I'll be going to Beijing in September. Can anyone tell me if there's any action there. I see some of the hotels offer massage, can I assume they will do more than massage for money? Thanks

There is a lot of action in Beijing as well as in the whole country, no matter if it is a bigger or smaller city. The reason that makes it so easy to find a girl is the chinese "mia noi"-tradition of a second wife, similar as in Thailand.

Easy, of course, it is only for Chinese people or the one who can communicate in Mandarine (or Cantonese in the southern provinces). English language is not widely spread. But there are still the international signs wink.gif" border="0 and if you have a dictionary with chinese characters to point on even better.

Practically all hotels that offer massage do offer more...especially if they cater to foreigners. If you take a girl back to your room be aware of the 23:00 o'clock curfew, although I never had problems if they stayed the whole night.

If you are on a business trip it is even not unusual that you are invited to a KTV place after dinner - where is some action apart of singing or further arrangements can be made.

You can find a huge number of reviews of the action in Beijingon the web, like this rather recent one from WSG:

quote:

The place at Chaoyang Park (next to the disco called "Guanshi") is good--this is where the new bar strip is and the restaurant "Big Easy" is. This place has lots of ladies and they change all the time. The standard is a great massage for about RMB 200; add RMB 300 for a massage of your sexual organ/touching of your companions female breasts/body. How much touching depends on the lady and your charm. I have had everything from business-like encounters (where the lady keeps her clothes on) to total nude on nude massaging. It rare that all the clothes come off on the ladies, but usually they let you touch breasts with shirt on/off, depending on your luck/skill. If you go in the afternoon or after 11pm, SOME ladies will have sex. If you find a lady you like and she likes you, anything is possible. Sex will cost RMB800 at least; RMB 600 for ladies to strip nude and give a great body massage. Then, basic service charge for the sauna/massage are RMB 200.

There are A FEW sauna/massage places that are set up for sex only. At some of these, you go in and do a sauna in the public space then go to lounge, private room. At others, you go directly to VIP rooms that include sauna/TV/hot tub. Prices range from RMB 800 to RMB 3000. The ideal is to find a low-key place in the main part of the city that has nice girls and a low price.

The Tian Lun Dynasty Hotel in Wang Fu Jing area (basement) is set up so that the private rooms only have sexual massage (RMB800 total); only their VIP rooms are for actually having sex (RMB 3,000). This is on the high side! I've done the same for RMB1,000 at some places.

There's a little "neighborhood place" near the SAS Radisson Hotel (near the International Exhibition Center) cost RMB1000 for the full service in a VIP room. (If you don't book a VIP room, you will not get "special service," only a nice erotic oil massage). Go west from the SAS, make a left at the first traffic light (bright red brick building on left side of intersection); then go to the next light, and the place is on the right side, right there at the corner.

Then, for RMB800, the Crystal Sauna, right off third ring road in Haidian Area. Find the Shuang An dept store in the Haidian District on Third Ring Road. Opposite this, on north side, is a movie theater. Behind the movie theater, in an alley, is the Crystal Sauna. At this place, having sex is the only option presented. They usually push to have "two girls" for RMB 1400. At both of the above places the girls are average to great, depending on your luck.

Concerning the Hard Rock Cafe it seems that it has been cleaned recently but now working again. As a general rule: Be very cautious at all time, some behaviour can not be foreseens. Rip offs are very common and corruption is high. Best to go with a local if possible.

Good luck and have fun.

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: charon ]

quote:

Originally posted by WhiteDevil:

I've heard of a place called Maggie's which is supposedly the Thermae of Beijing. Anyone been there?

-whitedevil

[formerly OKTOBER]

Although I have not been at Maggies the stories that I was told about did not give the impression of anything special. Probably even more spoiled be loads of farangs than other places. Maggies was discribed as disgusting, interesting, sad or somewhere in between. The location is close to the East Gate of the Worker's Stadium Gong Ren Tiyuchang de Xi Men. From the gate, walk south along the main road for about 200-300 metres where you will find Maggie's on your right.

A broad overview of nightlife places in Beijing you can find at http://www.chinanow.com/english/beijing/city/nightlife/Beijing%20bars%20General%20update.html

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a boring week in Beijing, pretty much agree with vtombrowns email. I did wander across to the Sheraton disco, the place is pretty much as described. I was approached by one girl who asked me to buy her a drink - I did so because she was a stunner & spoke good English. After no more than 10min the subject switched to the old horizontal mambo. I was offered "very nice time" for the sum of US$250. After a quick calculation in my head as to what that is in Baht & what i could do with such a sum in Bangkok, I respectfully declined. She was gone faster than you could say "cultural revolution".

Tried the Hard Rock cafe, not much going on here. Lobby of my hotel contained a few high-class call-girls. If you sit around in the lobby area they will walk past your table & very discreetely place a business card next to you, with a mobile phone # and a price. This happened to me twice, both times price was over $200!!

So fellow sanukers, go to Beijing with plenty of cash. Or better still, save it for someplace else.

Beijing (and most other places in China) is truly a lousy city for sanuk, but still well worth a visit. There are so many interesting places to see - Great Wall, Forbidden City, Tian Tan park, etc. It's easy to get around. The subway is efficient, and bus routes are easy to figure out.

Also, if you are tired of one-night stands and want to find a gal to settle down with, consider working in China for awhile. It is easy to meet nice, marriageable ladies there.

Actually, Beijing is going to be an even more interesting place to visit, now that they won the right to host the 2008 Olympics (beating out my hometown!). I expect that the place is going to go throught rapid development and get cleaned up over the next several years. Also, there ought to be a lot of new work for foreigners there, especially for English teachers.

JG

Archived