Warning From Majestic Grande Hotel Bangkok

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like this 'accomadation forum' has been infiltrated by commercial interests.

IMHO, all posters should be required disclose if he / she has financial interest in their 'report' / claims / advertisisng.

& clearly state if the post is actually an advertisement

i'm typing next to an ad..

'is masterbation bad ..' .. 'ask the experts ..'

a masterbation expert in Bangers has missed the entire point of sukhumvit

if god did not want us to 'sanuk without hands' he would not have created suk.

hand free sanuk is why I travel.

BJ_Blackowitz said:

try swiss grottino

www.grottino.com

BJ_Blackowitz

I like The Swiss Grottino as well. However with all due respect, The Majestic Grande is in a different class. Only 850 Baht more/night!

The Swiss Grottino may offer great accomodation and all, but lacks amenities such as a swimming pool, fitness centre etc.

What is does offer though is excellant valur for money, modern stylish rooms and good service and free internet in the room.

the free internet is a 450, a DVD player in the room. makes it 1300bt, that is a LT or a few beers, and if you stay a week it adds up to almost 10k , I can have a girl staying two weeks with me for that money....

I stayed in both hotels and must say that I prefer the SG over MS, MG is indeed a different class, but then I can also stay in JWM or any better 5* near the river if money is not a barrier.

A plus on the SG is the close proximity to asoke and therefor the rest of sanukarea

why would anyone do biz with a hotel that has secret criteria for invalidating a person credit card secured reservation.

if a biz / hotel (/ bg) is not client friendly in one area it (/ she) is likely to be non client friendly in other areas.

grand majestic reminds me of a khetoy ..

superficially looks good but deep inside is nothing but a fraudlent pretender ripping off the unsuspecting ..

f' majestic grande & it's secret policies that rip off tourists.

texascity said:

why would anyone do biz with a hotel that has secret criteria for invalidating a person credit card secured reservation.

if a biz / hotel (/ bg) is not client friendly in one area it (/ she) is likely to be non client friendly in other areas.

grand majestic reminds me of a khetoy ..

superficially looks good but deep inside is nothing but a fraudlent pretender ripping off the unsuspecting ..

f' majestic grande & it's secret policies that rip off tourists.

Hey guys,

I know that this is bad and all. However, with all respect the hotel has made it clear to all agents that they must put the MSP rates on their website. If they dont follow this then the hotel has the right to block their reservation.

It is the agent's fault not the hotels. Therefore if you do book an an agent, and u r refused check in. Then you must complain to the agent,a s they have not folloed the hotel's wriiten policy in their contract rates.

Tim

Nervous_Dog said:

Yeah - sitting in the lobby of the hotel in Bangkok, my agent asleep on the other side of the world

Yep - thats going to work!

DOG

DOG,

We have given the MSP rates given in this thread already. The rates that the websites must advertise at. If you still book with an agent who doesn't follow this, then what could happen?

If you book with an agent who abides, then you will not ahve any problems

Tim

What a fuss about this hotel procedures.........

Until now this is the hotel where I got the best service ever in BK and I am staying there actually.

(working in the hospitality management sector I think I am able to judge quite objectively the customer service)

About the refusa procedure? I just can say that if it ever happens in MG it is the travel agent fault which should never happen.

Remember that regarding the hospitality legislation in almost all countries the hotel policy prevails on the travel agent/tour operator own one.

In most of the hotels of the world, there are some problems with dodgy travel agents.

The only point here is that the hotel should not have been made it public......All the hotels do have this sort of procedures but they seldom mention it to everyone except when the problem occurs.

To sum it up: Do not use dodgy travel agents.

PS: texqscity, I do not know who you are but you are probably not aware that if you book through a dishonnest travel agent which charges your credit card

-> It is not the hotel that charges you.....

it is the travel agent which has to legally follow the hotel general and particular policy.

Archived