whats yr favorite restaurant

Fatbastard

The "Seafood Market Restaurant" off Sukhumvit road is a real experience. A little on the expensive side but where else can you get a little shopping cart and a personal shopping assistant to help pick your dinner?

the mooto of the restaurant is..

"If it swims, we have it"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone really dares to put Le Dalat in his list of Best Restaurants in Bangkok?? I had an unmemorable diner there a couple of years back and this NYE while lost without reservation we gave it a try... They tried to sit us in one of the small rooms upstairs but no matter how god the food might be(which remains to be proven) u can't rate a restaurant that well with such a lousy setting. We moved on. One chinese sexy whiner pulled me to a korean restaurant yesterday near the Louvres... asian food... still can't fathom how it became so popular... Great choice in BKK though... can go on eating decent mediterranean food at decent price and in cool surrounding daily... if you like eating grilled seafood while lying under a tent shade in a forest of huge modern skyscrapers, Aldo is a nice place...

Kojis, live asian, fuck asian, but eat mediterranean

Guest lazyphil

Had a meal here last week just over the river from Magdalene College on quayside, i was thinking about asking if they wanted some fresh chubb or skimmers for the raw fish menu :) ....very nice restaurant/location btw, worth a look.....

LP

I remember having the best real English food ever at a Pub / Restaurant around that area some years ago and around the same time quite the worst Thai food at a place behind the Queensgate in Peterboro. I have tasted some crap Thai food around the world but that one was a stand out disaster served by the rudest bitch I have ever encounted as a Waitress. Re Restaurants in Thailand, Well must admit to having not heard of many, so will have to remedy that.

Anyway, many thanks for the input guys, some great suggestions but for the guy who likes the food at Gullivers, well you should get out some more.

I like Kuppa (spelling?) on Suk 16. Lovely food, great service and a nice atmosphere. Although the first time I went there to meet friends I was 20 minutes late as I didn't know Sukhumwit 16 doesn't actually run off Sukhumwit!!!

Moo Noi

"I didn't know Sukhumwit 16 doesn't actually run off Sukhumwit!!!"

Almost now and maybe before it was, but now you just go the Asoke intersection. Asked some thai friends and they said Soi 16 is on Sukhumvit (no "w") as Asoke intersection is on Sukhumvit.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived