Sanuk in Trat?

I may have to overnight in Trat in a few weeks on my way to the Cambodian border and a post on one of the Cambodia boards prompted me to ask this. What's available in terms of night-time entertainment in Trat town? Karaoke places, soapies? (I'd be surprised to find any go-gos). A little overnight companionship wouldn't go amiss, or even a ST. Just looking for any possibilities. It's a big enough town, there must be something.

Hi,

The first time I was in Trat one of the locals I befriended took me to a kind of GoGo bar. The problem is that this is 6 years ago, and the place was way back somewhere. Sorry, not much help, eh?

Anyway, there are some karaoke bars, but I don't know about extras. Don't recall any soapies. But then again I haven't been to Trat for over 3 years.

Sanuk!

you can find a karaoke bar at the lawana hotel, and there you should be able to find companionship. also if you go upstairs, i hear there are rooms with the door open and a lady inside. same same for the hotel just down the street. cant remember the name, and they dont have a karaoke bar. this sound too vague, but you can find someone at the lawanna hotel, generally.

-soi dog

Hi DJ, hows it going. I had a couple of nights in Trat going to and fro from Bangkok and Cambodia, and came to the conclusion that there was no Twat in Trat. It does however make a nice rest night, in between sexual chaos in Bangkok/Pattaya, and Cambodia. Nice place to check your e mail in the cheap internet cafes, write a trip report or two, and hang with the locals at the market.

We cant be stallions every night

Thanks KS, soi dog,

I might check out the Lawanna Hotel.

Rico, I might well need a rest after a week in BKK and Pattaya making up for lost time! It would be interesting to check out the possibilities in Trat though, you never know.

If I find anything it will be in my trip report!

• 2 weeks later...

actually, there is a lot more sanuk in trat than meets the eye....i am in Trat every year, as i spend a lot of time on Ko Chang, and have some good friends in Trat, which i find to be a lovely little city, with one of the best night markets in Thailand....i was told of a square with several gogo's and bars, and it does exist...north of the market by several blocks, ask around and you'll find it....a friend and i also found several karaoke bars nearby, but you'd need fluent Thai to make a splash in these places...we ended up in one place with friendly gals, where i ended up meeting the friend of a gal who worked there....we hit it off, and spent a most pleasant evening chatting and drinking...i asked her to go home with me, but she asked how long i would be there, knowing that it would only be for a night, and she seemed interested in something longer.....so of course, horny as hell by then, i stumbled back to my hotel (the place south of the market and bus station by a few blocks, on the corner (on the main drag, also serves as an Internet cafe), which is the local whorehouse....gals are cheap and sleazy......there are also several massage parlors in Trat, but the one i went into tried to charge prices far higher than Bangkok, so i didn't partake...chok dee

Now that's more like it! Thanks Ian, that's all noted, I'll try to find that little square. It should be an interesting diversion away from the big city anyway.

Archived