Patpong good show with reasonable beer price

Social_Norm

Last October, we went to Patpong reasonably early in the evening and were enticed into a bar with a show by a guy who assured us he was the manager and he was not scamming us.

On a previous visit, I have been conned by the scam of beer only being 100 baht with no cover charge, only to find that each person in the group had to pay 300 baht for the first beer. There were three of us so three Hienekens cost 900 baht! I refused to pay the 900 and gave them 300 and took the beers away.

The last trip however, the first beer was the same price as subsequent beers and there was no cover charge and the show was good! I don't remember how much the beer was now but I think it was less than 100 baht. They said it was Happy Hour.

That was the first time I had seen live fish being ejected from a vagina into a fishbowl. There were also the darts, ping pong, razor blades, bottle opening and a fire show. We left after about an hour so didn't pay more than the Happy Hour prices.

This place was on the right hand side of the street with the night market as you walk up from the main road at the bottom. It may have been a Queens place - I can't remember.

Was I very lucky or is it quite easy to find a good show with reasonable prices like that?

Also, what's the best way to get directly to Patpong in a taxi from Nana without being taken to some back alley type place as happened to us once before? We had asked for Patpong and were eventually taken there after we refused to get out of the car at this other place.

queen castles tend to be safe bets.

Just dont go with anyone to any bar. They place is full of crooks. It was interesting years ago once my thai got good enough you really saw what the people were like. Stickman and I were down walking past patpong on silom doing some shopping and an old lady came up to us and said " you dont know what I am saying since you are a stupid farang" Even when we answered on back in thai she just stuck up her nose and walked away. People they dont respect you and want to take as much money as hey can , either legally or illegally.

and an old lady came up to us and said " you dont know what I am saying since you are a stupid farang"

Fucking classic bro Your mouth must have dropped and then out came the Thai-Happens frequently...in elevators they "neen tha" and I answer them back ...I was in Bumrunggrad getting my physical once when the two "Nurses" were commenting on my body... I have always stayed in shape and surfing and yoga all of your life helps. One says to the other "hoon dee mahk" I smiled and said "chai dai...meuarai ga dai"Huge giggles etc etc

This was a nice example-

coming back to the subject.

it is actually much more common in the upper floor show bars to drink a beer for 100 THB than to get hassled or conned with cover charges.

advises to avoid the latter one:

- don't go with touts, go on your own

- clarify IN the bar, what is the price for the beer and whether there is no cover charge

- pay asap after you get the beer

beside Queen Castle I and II usually also safe bets are Wildcat, Cleopatra and Superqueen on Patpong 2

the worst clipjoints are in the small soi at the corner of muzic cafee,upstairs ,it connects patpong 1 with PP2 .

but any kings /queens castle place is ok .

hustlers usually pull you into the dives and guys have been done for 1000s of bahts for a few beers depends on how dumb they think you are .

Personally i would pay 300 for a beer NOT to watch some old hag drop fish out of her cunt......

Amen, the shows are tacky and I have always found them painful to watch. But there is another reason to go to these places. I don't know of anywhere else you get mobbed by lots of totally naked girls, some of which are not too bad lookers. The downside of this is it makes it difficult not to buy lots of lady drinks. And these places do tend to be a regular gogo part time and a show the other part so there's plenty to keep you occupied besides tacky shows.

Cleopatra (which I think BuffHello is talking about) will seize the opportunity to scam people which has been well documented in the past here. I might be confused, but I was also under the impression Wildcats is also a bad one. Part of getting scammed depends on you. Follow samak's rules carefully. They are worth reiterating: NEVER follow a tout, clarify the price of EVERY single thing, pay as you go. And if you get into trouble, stay cool and polite. Hold firm to the prices you were originally quoted and as a last resort get the tourist police to deal with the scam.

I'd also say the Queen's places are a good bet. Super Queen at times seems a bit dodgy as they once pulled a two drink minimum rule on me for barfining. But they are otherwise ok as they post all prices on their wall in plain view.

Neo

i think you mix up Cleopatra and Casanova. Casanova is upstairs of muzzic cafe, the entrance is at the small soi between Patpong I and II; this has been really a dump for the last ten years and i would guess that they try to scam on tourists.

Cleopatra however is upstairs of the italian restaurant Cefe Roma and the entrance is opposite Star of Light and a couple of beer bars on PP II. Cleopatra has had its ups and downs and was also closed for some time a couple of years back. it is not one of the typical scam bar, but i have also seen indians pay 300 THB for one beer, while i had never a problem.

also Wildcat i would rate as a friendly one.

definitely not to the friendly places belong Superpussy (from King Corner a bit further towards Suriwong) and the one above King Castle II, which also change its name frequently.

Ok, I see. Your information is more up to date than mine. I did have trouble that needed some sorting out at Cleopatra several years ago. As you alluded to, some seem to seize the opportunity to scam on a case by case basis, and nothing will make one a target more than showing up behind a tout. I tend to only visit the downstairs bars anymore, save an occasional stint in Lucifers, which can be a really happening little disco late at night.

I am waiting for someone to try out "bar bar", the brand new S&M place. They spent a lot of money on fitting it out. Just looking at it from the outside it's not your ordinary rat hole; huge steel door and other things going on. 900 baht for a drink has kept me away at least up to now, but I'm curious what it's like inside.

the upstairs are not my regular bars for a night out, but i had to take so many guests there over the years that i got a bit familiar with those places. experienced around 4 attempts of rip offs out of maybe 200-250 visits and all were just attempts without success from their side.

actually not much changed in Patpong over all those years. NEP and SC changed much more...

Archived