Layover in Seoul, S. Korea

OK, so what's to do in Seoul during an 8+ hour layover? Is there anything worth entering the country for, and if so, where, and what? Anyone have any clues about prices of sanuk, and where some might be found? Thanks...

quote:

Originally posted by buffalo_bill:

jryanb, ( ????)

cheers

buffalo bill

(korean affairs)

What the F with all the question marks???

Unfortunately, my layover is going to be on the way home, and I will be well-rested from the previous night, and the ride from BKK to Inchon is just too short to get sleepy.

Fortunately, my layover has dropped to around 6 hours now, but that is still a LONGGGGG time in an airport.

Looks like I need to do some more internet research on the sub. I was hoping for some quick links in the right direction... OH WELL!

crazy.gif" border="0

Well...it will depend on what time you arrive. But considering that it is about a 1 1/2 hour trip from Incheon to Seoul (traffic permitting) and the same back..plus check in time and an allowing an extra 30 minutes each way to account for traffic, you basically have no time at all. There's nothing in the vicinity of the airport worth seeing.

Trust me on this one...

SM

quote:

Originally posted by Seoul_Man:

There's nothing in the vicinity of the airport worth seeing.

Trust me on this one...

SM

Bummer. That makes the concept of flying on Korean Air for the first time (and for a great rate) much less appealing. And I was soooooo wanting to dodge Russian air-to-air missiles! frown.gif" border="0

Still, they are offering that great rate. Oh well... looks like I'll just have to grin, and bear it. The grinning part won't be hard, since I'll just have come from the LOS (all except the "leaving there" part, that is) smile.gif" border="0

Archived