Shanghai Sanuk

Damen

we had this covered in this section already.

Hen Shan road and Mao Ming road for the bar scene, in addition Xintian Di and some popular spots in Nanjing road and at the Bund for freelancers, thousands of KTV's around the whole city...

I spent some two weeks in Shanghai last April and there is alot of nightlife available. For free lancers go to Moaming Road this was about 5 minutes by cab from my hotel the JC Mandarin on Nanjing Road. Moaming Road is full of freelancers in every bar. The road has about 20 to 30 different bars all in a row on both sides towards the end of it where it meets Yongjia Road. Walking distance from the JC Mandarin Hotel West on Nanjing Road is Longren Road go South on Longren from Nanjing and you will come across about 10 bars on the west side of the street full of freelancers. If you want a really good oil massage with no happy ending go to Maggpie Massage on Julu Road walking distance from JC Mandarin Hotel. Behind the Portman Ritz Carlton is a large two story sports bar with pool tables a good place to start your night off with a few free lancers and decent food a smaller version of Gullivers. Close to the sports bar is a very large disco. Fuxing park is also very good with lots of reastraunts and bars.

samak said:

we had this covered in this section already.

Youre right. I now see it was covered in the China post from July, 2005. Being the good Netizen that I am, I tried to search the subject before my orginal post but only went back 6 months.

Thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived